Get started with Genesys CX Insights
Learn how to navigate in Genesys CX Insights, and how to generate reports.
Use Historical reports and dashboards to visualize contact center and agent performance over a period of time. How far back in time you can look varies, depending on the size and complexity of your contact center. By contrast, Real-time reports and dashboards provide information about interactions that are taking place right now in the contact center. To learn about other types of reporting, see How reporting works.
Genesys CX Insights provides numerous reports and dashboards (see Report Descriptions for a complete list). Reports display contact center activity using easy-to-read grids, while dashboards summarize a wider range of information using a variety of visual devices. This document describes both, but for simplicity, it often refers simply to reports.
Access the application[edit source]
Once your Genesys Engage cloud environment is up and running and you've checked that you meet the necessary requirements, log in to your Genesys Portal to access Reporting GCXI. Click the Reporting GCXI icon and enter your username and password.
Genesys CX Insights does not use the same user account that other Genesys software uses, so the user name and password to access historical reports might be different from the one you use to access other Genesys software. If you have trouble logging in, talk to your administrator. Most users cannot change their own Genesys CX Insights password.
Walk through the application
You access Genesys CX Insights using a standard web browser. MicroStrategy (the engine that powers Genesys CX Insights) certifies support for the latest versions, at the time of release, for the following web browsers:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome (Windows and iOS)
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (Versions 9 and 10 are supported, but are not certified)
- Mozilla Firefox
Navigating in Genesys CX Insights
As you browse in Genesys CX Insights, clickable breadcrumbs are displayed at the top and bottom of the page:
Shared Reports > CX Insights > Business Results
Click any word in the breadcrumb to return to that folder.
In most cases, what you are looking for will be found in the Shared Reports folder.
- Shared Reports—Reports and dashboards stored in the Shared Reports are available to other users (access privileges permitting).
- My Reports—Reports stored in your private folders, such as My Reports, are visible only to you. This folder is visible only to users who have sufficient privileges to edit or save reports.
If you're not sure what folder to look in, or the name of the report to look for, you can use the search feature to easily find all relevant reports:
- At the top of the page, click the magnifying glass to open the search window.
- Select a folder (for example Shared Reports) in which to search, enter a search term (for example Callback), and press Enter (or click the magnifying glass).
- For more powerful search options, click Refine. Advanced search options appear, which you can use to refine your search based on various criteria, such as object type, owner, date, or description.
To view a report, populated with your data, you must ''run'' or ''generate'' the report.
- On the Genesys Portal, click Reporting GCXI on the All Apps or User tab.
- If a page appears where you can select a server, choose the server on which to view reports (you probably have only one, but if more than one appears and you are not sure which one to select, contact your administrator).
- If prompted, enter your user name and password.
- The Genesys CX Insights page appears. Click Shared Reports > CX Insights.
- Reports are divided into subfolders based on function; select a sub-folder, for example Business Results.
- From the listed reports and dashboards, either double-click, or right-click and choose Run. For example, Business Metrics Executive Report. The prompts for that report appear.
- Select a date or date range, and optionally make selections for other prompts.
- Click Run Report (or Run Dossier, for a dashboard).
- The report appears. Note that you can filter, drill, and otherwise interact with many report values.
Changing the language used in the reports
Before you can select a language, an administrator must enable it on the server. Talk to your administrator to find out what language is available for your use. Changes described in this procedure apply only to your own sessions, not to other users.
Use the following steps to change the language used in the GUI and reports.
- Log in to Genesys CX Insights.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your user name, and select Preferences.
- On the User Preferences > General page:
- Change the language used in the GUI: In the Language section, select a language from the list.
- Change the language used in the reports: Click Show advanced options, then from the Metadata list, select a language.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Apply.
- Use the browser's back arrow, or click in the breadcrumbs, to continue.
Genesys CX Insights provides support to translate (localize) the GUI and Genesys CX Insights reports into the the languages listed in the following tables. Note that the available languages differ depending on whether you are working with the Genesys CX Insights project or the Genesys CX Insights for iWD project:
|Spanish (Latin America)||es-419|
|Language||LANGS variable value|
|Chinese (People's Republic of China)||zh-CN|
Learn more about Genesys CX Insights
In this document, you can find information about the following topics:
- To learn more about how to navigate in Genesys CX Insights, and how to generate reports, see Generate and use historical reports.
- To learn more about how to read and understand historical reports, see Understand the reports.
- To learn how to customize the reports, see Customize CX Insights reports.
- For a complete list of the historical reports that are available out of the box, see Report Descriptions.