Genesys Customer Experience Insights Release Notes
Not all releases or changes listed below may pertain to your deployment. Check the table below to see which releases apply to you.
|Service||Released on||Released for||Highlights|
|Genesys CX Insights||August 06, 2021||Support for arbitrary UIDs in private edition deployments on OpenShift.
Performance enhancements.Support for MicroStrategy 2021 Update 2.
|Genesys CX Insights||July 01, 2021||Security enhancements.|
|Genesys CX Insights||April 30, 2021||Support for updated MicroStrategy and Vitara. Early Adopter Program support for Genesys Engage cloud private edition.|
|Genesys CX Insights||April 01, 2021||Support for Genesys Engage cloud on Azure|
Genesys CX Insights: August 06, 2021
- Support for MicroStrategy 2021 Update 2 (11.3.0200.19374) (GCXI-5228)
- The Interaction Handling Attempt Report is enhanced through the addition of the addition of a new prompt, Interaction Windows Size. Reducing the value at this prompt can improve report speed. (GCXI-5260)
- The password generation algorithm has been improved to comply with the rule that passwords cannot contain a name, first name, last name, or login. Previously, a sequence of characters in the generated password could contain the login or name, especially if the login or name was one or two characters long. (GCXI-5292)
- Genesys CX Insights now correctly applies Interaction Window Size optimization of GCXI JDBC driver. Previously in some scenarios, such optimization was not applied correctly, and Genesys CX Insights produced an empty dataset. (GCXI-5257)
- Links to shared reports and dashboards now work correctly in environments where the Anti-CSRF feature is enabled, and SSO is used. Previously in such environments, when users attempted to open a link that was created using the right-click > Share option in a report or dashboard, a permissions error appeared. (GCXI-5204)
For private edition
- GCXI now supports the use of arbitrary, or random, user IDs (UIDs) in OpenShift.
- The Dockerfile has been modified to specify container and file ownership as user=500 (genesys) and group=0 (root).
- The securityContext settings exposed in the default values.yaml file specify the user and group IDs for the genesys user (500:500). You must override these Helm chart values if you want OpenShift to use arbitrary UIDs. For more information, see Configure security.
- GCXI is expected to be deployed using the default ServiceAccount, which uses the restricted SCC. If you do not want to use arbitrary UIDs in your OpenShift deployment, you must associate the default ServiceAccount with the genesys-restricted SCC, as described in the suite-level Private Edition Guide. If you previously deployed GCXI using the default ServiceAccount associated with the genesys-restricted SCC, you must remove the association if you want OpenShift to use arbitrary UIDs. To do so, execute the following command:
oc adm policy remove-scc-from-user genesys-restricted -z default -n <namespace>
- Grafana dashboards are now supported through the Helm Chart ConfigMap component
Genesys CX Insights: July 01, 2021
- Support for:
- Support for PostgreSQL 12 database.
- Elasticsearch 7.6 (GCXI-4886)
- (AWS only.) Genesys CX Insights now enables you to securely transmit reports (and dashboards) to an SFTP destination that you configure. For more information, see Schedule FTP delivery (GCXI-3449)
- To enhance container security, Genesys CX Insights containers are now built on UBI8. (GCXI-4947)
- Unsupported Chat reports are now hidden — Chat Termination Report and Async Chat Dashboard were previously visible in the GCXI project, but are not supported. (GCXI-5103)
- Vertical table grids now appear correctly in custom reports. Previously, in scenarios where you upgraded Genesys CX Insights to release 9.0.018 or 9.0.019, vertical frames did not appear. (GCXI-5043)
- Links from values in reports now correctly open related reports. Previously, in scenarios where an incorrect value (long value ending with zeros/E+) appeared in the prompt/report filter for the Interaction ID field, related reports could open with no data.
- The Interaction ID prompt now works correctly. Previously, in scenarios where GCXI was upgraded from release 9.0.015.02 to release 9.0.019.01, the Interaction ID prompt failed in many reports, including Transfer Detail Report, Interaction Handling Attempt Report, and Interaction Flow Report. (GCXI-5071)
- The ANI Details Dashboard (Top Callers tab) now correctly lists the 50 callers with the largest number of interactions. Previously, the sort order was inverted, and the callers with the smallest number of interactions were listed. (GCXI-5075)
- In Genesys Engage Cloud environments where Genesys CX Insights GCXI 220.127.116.11.01 is used with GWS authentication, the MicroStrategy Web Administration tool (mstrServerAdmin) fails to load (because the Anti-CSRF token blocks the page), producing an error similar to the following: Due to security restrictions, we cannot proceed with this request. However, in Genesys Engage Cloud environments where Genesys CX Insights GCXI 100.0.020.0000 is used with GWS authentication, if you make any changes in users or groups properties, the MicroStrategy Web Administration tool (mstrServerAdmin) now returns to the starting page with User Manager and Security Role Manager icons. (GCXI-5040)
Genesys CX Insights: April 30, 2021
- Support for Vitara Charts 18.104.22.1688
- Support for MicroStrategy 2021 Update 1 (11.3.0100.18093)
- Updates are provided for all included CentOS packages.
For private edition
- Starting with this release, Genesys CX Insights is available for select customers in Genesys Engage cloud private edition, as part of the Early Adopter Program. (GCXI-4823)
More info: Genesys Customer Experience Insights Private Edition Guide
Genesys CX Insights: April 01, 2021
- Starting with this release, Genesys CX Insights is available in Genesys Engage cloud on Azure. (GCXI-3963)
- A new dashboard, Milestone Path Analysis Dashboard, provides detailed information and visualizations illustrating the first and last milestones customers traversed in Designer applications, and the number of sessions that ended in each final disposition. (GCXI-4285)
More info: Milestone Path Analysis Dashboard
- A new dashboard, ANI Details Dashboard, provides detailed information about the outcomes of customer interactions, based on Automatic Number Identification (ANI), enabling you to identify frequent callers and the result of their interactions.
More info: ANI Details Dashboard
- New dashboards in the Dashboards folder provide weekly views of contact center activity:
- Weekly Agent Group Performance Dashboard — Explore interaction handling at the group level on a weekly basis.
- Weekly Agent Group Utilization Dashboard — Understand how agents used their time over the course of a week.
- Weekly Business Attribute Dashboard — Explore interaction business-result categorization on a weekly basis.
- Weekly Queue Summary Dashboard — Assess the weekly performance of configured queues.
- Weekly Self Service Containment Dashboard — Explore the volume of interactions that are (or are not) contained in Self-Service. (GCXI-4742)
More info: Dashboards
- Two new reports in the CX Insights for iWD folder provide detailed reporting on inbound and outbound email activity for users of Genesys Engage cloud Email:
- Inbound Intraday Email Process Report — Analyze the volume of iWD email tasks that are added, completed, or in process during a specified time period.
- Outbound Email Report — Perform detailed analysis of outbound email usage patterns. (GCXI-4849)
More info: CX Insights for iWD reports and dashboards
- Several attributes and prompts in the iWD Project are renamed for greater clarity. Attributes and prompts that were previously referred to as Resource ID and Last Resource ID are now referred to as Employee ID and Last Employee ID, respectively, in the following reports:
- Updates are provided for all included CentOS packages.
- Base Image Upgrade — Genesys CX Insights containers are now UBI8. (GCXI-4947)
- Genesys CX Insights now enables you to securely transmit reports (and dashboards) to an SFTP destination that you configure. (GCXI-3449)
- Descriptions now appear for the GCXI_GIM_DB and gcxi_meta_info Database Instances in MicroStrategy Developer. Previously in some releases, the descriptions were missing. (GCXI-4746)
- Genesys CX Insights now correctly applies database properties from JDBC_OPTS variables defined within DSN definitions. Previously in some scenarios, such values were not applied, preventing the configuration of TLS database connections. (GCXI-4718)
- Designer Interaction Outcome Statistics datasets in the Dashboards > Datasets folder are now hidden, unless optional features are enabled. (GCXI-4529)
- The ANI Details Dashboard > '"`UNIQ--nowiki-00000009-QINU`"'Top Callers'"`UNIQ--nowiki-0000000A-QINU`"' tab now correctly lists the 50 callers with the largest number of interactions. Previously, the sort order was inverted, and the callers with the smallest number of interactions were listed. (GCXI-5075)
- Genesys CX Insights ignores user selections in the Interaction ID report prompt in the following reports: Transfer Detail Report, Interaction Flow Report, Predictive Routing Detail Report, and Co-browse Detail Report. As a result, in the Interaction Handling Attempt Report, links in the Interaction ID column do not work, and the Interaction Flow Report fails to generate. (GCXI-4791)
For information about prior releases of Genesys CX Insights (GCXI), see: Genesys CX Insights.