Email Release Notes
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Engage Cloud Release Notes for version Current of Genesys Engage Multicloud Release Notes.
Not all releases or changes listed below may pertain to your deployment. Check the table below to see which releases apply to you.
|Released on||Released for||Highlights|
|September 09, 2021||Support for quick review of attachments and message body. New option to configure the default mailbox for all outbound emails.|
|August 25, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Engage cloud Email.|
|August 11, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Engage cloud Email.|
|July 22, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Engage cloud Email.|
|July 09, 2021||Support for OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant flow for Microsoft Graph API.|
|June 24, 2021||Support for suggested responses based on Categories in IWD.|
|May 26, 2021||Support for language detection.|
|March 31, 2021||Support for Genesys Engage cloud Email. Support for Genesys Engage cloud on Azure|
September 09, 2021
- For Engage cloud Email, Workload Manager now allows you to quickly review the list of attachments and message body. (CIWD-2326)
- Workload Manager now displays a new option on the Configuration > Options page which allows sending of all outbound emails via the default mailbox. Previously, customers had to contact Genesys for setting this option. (CIWD-1926)
August 25, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email now properly sends an email with an empty subject line via Microsoft Graph API. Previously, emails with empty subject lines were not sent if Office365 mailboxes were used. (CIWD-2345)
August 11, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email now handles inline images correctly when communicating over Microsoft Graph API. Previously, such images were not attached to emails if Office365 mailboxes were used. (CIWD-2372)
July 22, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email now retrieves mail from mailboxes with non-English regional settings. Previously, this operation failed with the error, Folder INBOX not found. (CIWD-2310)
July 09, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email now supports OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant flow for Microsoft Graph API, allowing authentication without a user interaction. Office 365 customers can create an application under App registrations in their Azure portal and add the Mail.ReadWrite and Mail.Send API permissions for Microsoft Graph. You must enter the application ID, tenant ID, and secret in Workload Manager for the application that you configure in the Azure portal. (CIWD-2109)
- The following reports are added to the CX Insights for iWD > Email folder:
June 24, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email provides suggested responses for emails based on Categories in IWD. Agents can use the suggested responses in Agent Desktop when handling emails. (CIWD-1785)
- Field Codes in auto-acknowledgement and auto-response emails are now rendered correctly. Previously, Field Codes were not replaced with the corresponding values. (CIWD-2072)
May 26, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email now supports language detection. (CIWD-1957)
- This update includes improvements for stability and scalability.
March 31, 2021
- Genesys Engage cloud Email monitors your specified mailboxes for new emails, categorizes the emails according to your business rules, then continuously reprioritizes them according to your SLAs to ensure they are pushed to the best available agent at the right time. Engage cloud Email features include:
- Mailbox configuration for Office365 and Gmail with Oauth2 support, plus IMAP/SMTP configuration options for other mailbox types.
- Supervisor QA review.
- Business Rules-based Categorization—Segment your incoming emails based on email address, email content and other parameters to control how they are processed. The Genesys system automatically reprioritizes emails throughout their lifecycle, ensuring the most important are at the top of the Universal Queue.
- Email Management—Operations Managers and Team Leads can:
- Business Insights—Gain insight into your email backlog and business performance. Near real-time dashboards are available by backlog, volume, SLA, category, timing and path. Agent-related statistics are available via Pulse, and historical reports are available in Genesys CX Insights. (CIWD-378)
- Starting with this release, Email is available in Genesys Engage cloud on Azure. (CIWD-1760)