Email Release Notes
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Multicloud CX Release Notes for version Current of Genesys Multicloud CX Release Notes.
Not all releases or changes listed below may pertain to your deployment. Check the table below to see which releases apply to you.
ImportantThe Release table lists the initial availability date for each release and the deployment environments for which a release is made available. Except when otherwise stated in the description for a specific release, each release includes all of the features and resolved issues that were introduced on earlier dates, regardless of the deployment environment. The features and resolved issues that apply only to a specific deployment environment are noted as such.
|First availability||Released for||Highlights||Release number|
|January 13, 2022||Support for text and JSON attachments. New table format for viewing email headers.||100.0.080.0000|
|October 29, 2021||Early Adopter Program support for Genesys Multicloud CX private edition deployments on OpenShift.||100.0.076.0290|
|October 20, 2021||Improved attachments support.||100.0.077.0000|
|October 06, 2021||New feature to support automatic completion of emails.||100.0.076.0000|
|September 23, 2021||Support for increased priority to emails based on the customer's response time. Webhooks support for mailbox error notification.||9.0.000.75|
|September 09, 2021||Support for quick review of attachments and message body. New option to configure the default mailbox for all outbound emails.||9.0.000.74|
|August 25, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Multicloud CX Email.||9.0.000.73|
|August 11, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Multicloud CX Email.||9.0.000.72|
|July 22, 2021||Fixes for Genesys Multicloud CX Email.||9.0.000.71|
|July 09, 2021||Support for OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant flow for Microsoft Graph API.||9.0.000.70|
|June 24, 2021||Support for suggested responses based on Categories in IWD.||9.0.000.69|
|May 26, 2021||Support for language detection.||9.0.000.68|
|March 31, 2021||Support for Genesys Multicloud CX Email. Support for Genesys CX on Azure||9.0.000.65|
January 13, 2022
- Engage cloud Email is now renamed as Email for Multicloud CX.
- Email for Multicloud CX now supports text and JSON attachments. (CIWD-3059)
- Email for Multicloud CX now allows users to view email headers in a table format. Previously, the email headers were displayed in a single string field. (CIWD-2600)
- Email for Multicloud CX no longer stops processing emails if the SMTP server returns an error while there are more than 100 emails waiting in queue to be sent. (CIWD-3254)
- Email for Multicloud CX now continues to process emails even if there is a temporary network failure. (CIWD-3224)
- Agent Desktop now shows the correct file size of email attachments. (CIWD-3220)
- Outbound emails are no longer impacted by individual email errors. Previously in certain cases, the error was treated as a global error and it prevented sending of all outbound emails. (CIWD-3142)
- An issue that prevented Agent Desktop from displaying embedded images in emails is now fixed. (CIWD-3120)
October 29, 2021
Private Edition: 100.0.076.0290 available October 29, 2021
For private edition
- Starting with this release, Email is available for select customers in Genesys Multicloud CX private edition, as part of the Early Adopter Program. Deployments on OpenShift Container Platform (OpenShift) are supported.
More info: Email Private Edition Guide
October 20, 2021
- Engage cloud Email now allows attachments larger than 3 MB to be sent via Microsoft Graph API. Previously, such attachments were removed from the outbound emails if Office365 mailboxes were used. (CIWD-2764)
- Engage cloud Email now supports inline image attachments. Previously, Agent Desktop did not display inline images properly as the feature was unsupported by Engage cloud Email. (CIWD-2795)
October 06, 2021
- Engage cloud Email can now be configured to automatically complete an email at the end of a specified timeframe, with an option to send an automated email upon completion. You can use the With priority management over setting to set the timeframe. (CIWD-2149)
September 23, 2021
- Engage cloud Email now allows increasing priority of a customer’s reply email to an agent if the customer replies to the agent quickly. To use this feature, administrators must configure the priority booster table on the Prioritization schema configuration page. (CIWD-2151)
- Engage cloud Email now sends a notification regarding the mailbox status if an error occurs and a webhook has been configured to report the mailboxError event. (CIWD-2102)
September 09, 2021
- For Engage cloud Email, Workload Manager now allows you to quickly review the list of attachments and message body. (CIWD-2326)
- Workload Manager now displays a new option on the Configuration > Options page which allows sending of all outbound emails via the default mailbox. Previously, customers had to contact Genesys for setting this option. (CIWD-1926)
August 25, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email now properly sends an email with an empty subject line via Microsoft Graph API. Previously, emails with empty subject lines were not sent if Office365 mailboxes were used. (CIWD-2345)
August 11, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email now handles inline images correctly when communicating over Microsoft Graph API. Previously, such images were not attached to emails if Office365 mailboxes were used. (CIWD-2372)
July 22, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email now retrieves mail from mailboxes with non-English regional settings. Previously, this operation failed with the error, Folder INBOX not found. (CIWD-2310)
July 09, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email now supports OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant flow for Microsoft Graph API, allowing authentication without a user interaction. Office 365 customers can create an application under App registrations in their Azure portal and add the Mail.ReadWrite and Mail.Send API permissions for Microsoft Graph. You must enter the application ID, tenant ID, and secret in Workload Manager for the application that you configure in the Azure portal. (CIWD-2109)
- The following reports are added to the CX Insights for iWD > Email folder:
June 24, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email provides suggested responses for emails based on Categories in IWD. Agents can use the suggested responses in Agent Desktop when handling emails. (CIWD-1785)
- Field Codes in auto-acknowledgement and auto-response emails are now rendered correctly. Previously, Field Codes were not replaced with the corresponding values. (CIWD-2072)
May 26, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email now supports language detection. (CIWD-1957)
- This update includes improvements for stability and scalability.
March 31, 2021
- Genesys Multicloud CX Email monitors your specified mailboxes for new emails, categorizes the emails according to your business rules, then continuously reprioritizes them according to your SLAs to ensure they are pushed to the best available agent at the right time. Engage cloud Email features include:
- Mailbox configuration for Office365 and Gmail with Oauth2 support, plus IMAP/SMTP configuration options for other mailbox types.
- Supervisor QA review.
- Business Rules-based Categorization—Segment your incoming emails based on email address, email content and other parameters to control how they are processed. The Genesys system automatically reprioritizes emails throughout their lifecycle, ensuring the most important are at the top of the Universal Queue.
- Email Management—Operations Managers and Team Leads can:
- Business Insights—Gain insight into your email backlog and business performance. Near real-time dashboards are available by backlog, volume, SLA, category, timing and path. Agent-related statistics are available via Pulse, and historical reports are available in Genesys CX Insights. (CIWD-378)
- Starting with this release, Email is available in Genesys CX on Azure. (CIWD-1760)