Digital Channels Release Notes
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Engage Cloud Release Notes for version Current of Genesys Engage cloud Release Notes.
Not all releases or changes listed below may pertain to your deployment. Check the table below to see which releases apply to you.
|Service||Release Date||Supported Cloud||Highlights|
|Digital Channels||April 01, 2021||Standard Responses Library now accessible within Designer.|
|Digital Channels APIs||April 01, 2021||Secure Email API rate limiting. Custom headers for third-party messaging webhooks.|
|Digital Channels||March 31, 2021||Support for Genesys Engage cloud on Azure|
|Digital Channels APIs||March 31, 2021||Support for Genesys Engage cloud on Azure|
Digital Channels APIs: April 01, 2021
- You can now add custom headers with static values to the webhooks sent by Digital Channels to the third-party messaging aggregator. (NEXUS-5910)
More info: Third-Party Messaging API
- Secure Email API now includes rate limiting of attachments to improve security. Rate limitations will be immediately applied to all new Secure Email API customers and gradually applied to existing tenants. (NEXUS-5609)
More info: Secure Email API
Digital Channels: April 01, 2021
- Security improvements. Workspace Web Edition integration security has been improved. (NEXUS-5608)
- Standard Responses Library now accessible within Designer. You can now create and manage their Standard Responses Library within the Designer application. (NEXUS-5600)
- Option to disable inbound notifications from subscribed contacts. You can now choose to bypass the asynchold functionality for Chat sessions and instead send the interaction to Designer for routing. Bypassing this functionality ensures that agents do not see popup toast notifications from subscribed contacts, while allowing you to customize routing in Designer. To configure this feature for a particular session, add nexus_asynchold_enable = false to the User Data of the Chat session creation request (for example, the default User Data for the Chat session in Genesys Widgets). You can configure this feature for all sessions at the Tenant level by contacting Genesys Customer Care. (NEXUS-5598)
- WhatsApp enhancement. Multiple corporate numbers for WhatsApp are now supported within a tenant. (NEXUS-5575)
- Undeliverable message notification. A message is displayed in the Communication tab to inform the agent if a WhatsApp, an SMS, or a Chat from the Chat Widget cannot be delivered to the contact. (NEXUS-3191)
- Digital Channels no longer omits saving Chat interaction transcripts to the Universal Contact Service when the Chat message includes characters that are not allowed by the XML file format. (NEXUS-5935)
- Digital Channels now uses the correct site to validate agent credentials when Workspace Web Edition changes to a backup site during Smart Failover. (NEXUS-5727)
- Limitation: Smart Failover is not supported. If Workspace Web Edition switches to a backup site, the Conversation and Communication tabs are not displayed. (NEXUS-5727)
Digital Channels APIs: March 31, 2021
- Starting with this release, Digital Channels APIs are available in Genesys Engage cloud on Azure.
Digital Channels: March 31, 2021
- Starting with this release, Digital Channels is available in Genesys Engage cloud on Azure.
For information about prior releases of Genesys Digital Channels, click here: Digital Channels