Scenario Weekly View
Open the view to display a summary table of total paid hours, working start/end times, or shift names.
The table in the Scenario Weekly view shows information for a selected scenario, and for selected agents and/or profiles.
You can select agents under different sites at the same time, but all sites must be within a single business unit.
The toolbar at the top of this view is shown here. See the button descriptions below.
The Scenario Weekly view also enables you to see summary tables of total paid hours, working start/end times, or shift names for your schedule planning period. See Mode for details.
Displaying the view
To display the Scenarios view:
- From the Home menu on the toolbar, select Schedule.
- From the Schedule menu on the toolbar, select Scenarios.
- The Schedule Scenarios table appears.
- Open a scenario by double-clicking its name in the table list or by selecting its name and clicking Open .
- The scenario's name appears on the toolbar, as a menu.
To display the open Scenarios Weekly view:
- From the scenario_name menu on the toolbar, select Weekly.
- On the Objects pane, select the appropriate item(s) from either the Agents tree (above) or the Activities tree (below).
WFM then selects matching item(s) from the other tree.
- You can expand business units to display their sites and expand sites to display their teams and agents. You can select multiple sites, teams, and agents, but only one business unit.
- If profile agents were created for this site during schedule building, these profiles appear within a Profiles team.
- Click Get data to populate the Weekly view table for the selected agents.
Using the table
The Weekly view table contains rows for each agent or profile that you selected in the Objects tree. (If a scroll bar is displayed to the right, you can use it to reveal more agents.)
This table includes the following columns:
|[Expand/Collapse]||If in Planning Period mode, the first column provides expand/collapse controls that you use to display or hide each agent's or profile's weekly schedule details.|
|Team||This column lists each agent's or profile's team.|
|Agent||Two columns show an icon representing this agent's or profile's contract, and then the agent's or profile's name.|
|[Week Start Dates]||In Planning Period mode, when you display agent details, the rows below each agent's or profile's name indicate the start date for each week in the scenario.|
|[Weekdays]||These cells show agent schedule information for each weekday, for each week in the scenario. The cells' contents correspond to your selection from the Show Data for drop-down list.
If the agent is not scheduled for a shift, the cell contains Day Off, the name of a full-day time-off type, <shift> (for scheduled working hours without a shift), or an exception name (for scheduled full-day exceptions).
An icon in the cell for a weekday indicates whether the schedule has been changed for that agent.
If there have been multiple changes, the icon represents the most recent status.
|Weekly Totals||Shows each agent's or profile's total paid hours for the displayed week.|
|Long (Planning) Period Totals||Shows each agent's or profile's total paid hours for the schedule planning period. This period's duration and start date are set in the Policies > Contracts > Site Settings tab.|
The Weekly Totals and Period Totals boxes below the table show a grand total of the paid hours for all selected agents for the weekly or planning period, respectively.
If you specified the Week Start Day setting in the Business units properties, the first weekday becomes the week start day. Otherwise, the first weekday is the one specified in your operating system's regional settings.
Customizing the view
To customize the table Scenario Weekly view, use these controls at the top of the working pane:
Show data for
From this drop-down list, select what you want to be displayed inside each day's table cell:
|Total Paid Hours||Total paid time for the day.|
|Start/End Times||Start and end times of agents' work.|
|Shift or Schedule State Names||Names of agents' assigned shifts and other full-day states.|
Select one Week or Planning Period from the Mode drop-down list. The table displays data for the selected period. If no schedule planning period was configured or if more than one site is selected on the Object pane, then the Planning Period option is disabled.
Planning Period mode
The Scenario Planning Period mode displays schedules for the entire planning period, even if the scenario range is shorter than the number of weeks in your planning period or if the scenario's date range falls on the boundary between two different planning periods.
In these cases, different shades of white and gray indicate the type of date range that you are viewing.
Planning period color legend:
- White—Indicates dates that fall within both the scenario period and the planning period.
- Light Gray—Indicates dates that fall within the scenario period but are outside the planning period.
- Gray—Indicates dates that fall outside the scenario period but are within the planning period.
- Dark Gray—Indicates dates that are outside both the scenario and the planning period.
Filter and sort the schedule data
You can use the following buttons on the Actions toolbar (these commands also appear in the Actions menu) to further customize the displayed table:
|Options||Opens the Options dialog. Enables you to customize the view by including the Agent Rank and Site Name columns.|
|Filter||Enables you to filter the displayed information by activities and contract types. (If you set a new filter, this immediately refreshes the view.)|
|Sort||Opens the Sorting dialog, which allows sorting by name, owner, sharing, time of creation, time of last modification, scenario start date, or scenario end date. You can sort in ascending or descending order.|
To find a specific agent in the Scenario Weekly view:
- To search the table for particular agents, select Find from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + F.
- The Find Agents dialog opens. You can search by first or last name.
- Enter part or all of the agent's name, and then click OK.
- The Weekly view display shifts to display the table row for the selected agent.
Toolbar: Modifying the schedule
You can use the following buttons on the Actions toolbar (or on the Actions menu) to modify the displayed schedule scenario:
|Publish||Opens the Publish Schedule Wizard, where you can publish a portion of the selected scenario to the Master Schedule, or extract a portion of the Master Schedule to the selected scenario.|
|Add/Remove schedule elements||Opens the Add/Remove Scenario Elements Wizard, where you can add activities, and add or remove agents, for the current schedule scenario.|
|Build schedule||Opens the Schedule Build Wizard, which builds a complete schedule for the selected site.|
|Rebuild schedule||Opens the Schedule Rebuild Wizard, where you can modify and rebuild schedules, while optionally leaving intact any agent schedules that you have edited since the last build/rebuild.|
|Re-build intra-day schedule||Opens the Intra-Day Schedule Rebuild Wizard to rebuild an Intra-Day schedule for a specific day or time period for a site, team, or agent.|
|Validate schedule||Opens the Review Messages window which lists scheduling warnings for a selected site. Warnings will only be visible if you have built a schedule for this scenario already, and you chose to save any warnings that were generated.|
|Close||Closes the open scenario (and prompts you to save unsaved data).|
|Options||Opens the Options dialog box. Enables you to select/de-select the Agent Rank and Site Name columns.|
|Filter||Opens the Filter dialog. Enables you to filter the displayed information according to activities and contract types. (If you set a new filter, this immediately refreshes the view.)|
|Sort||Opens the Sorting dialog. Here you can sort schedules by Site name, Team Name, Contract, Agent Name (first or last), or Agent Rank. You can then sort agents by First name or Last name, and you can sort the entire list by ascending or descending order.
TipAgent Rank sorts in apparent reverse order due to limitations imposed by multi-sorting by both agent name and rank.
|Swap||Opens the Swap Agent Schedules Wizard window, which enables you to swap two agents' schedules.|
|Insert Multiple||Opens the Insert Multiple Wizard, which enables you to add multiple items to the scenario at one time.|
|Delete Multiple||Opens the Delete Multiple Wizard, which enables you to remove multiple items from the scenario at one time.|
|Commit/Rollback Multiple||Opens the Commit/Rollback Multiple Wizard, which enables you to insert pending changes into the schedule scenario or to remove them and return the scenario to its former settings.|
|Meeting Scheduler||Opens the Meeting Scheduler, which enables you to schedule meetings to already built scenarios for selected agents.|
Use the Options dialog to configure the data that is shown on the Weekly view or Master Weekly view.
Open the Options dialog by clicking Options in the Actions toolbar or selecting Options in the Actions menu.
To configure options on the Options tab:
- Select the Show agents with granted and scheduled rotating pattern or any other calendar preference check box.
When the check box is selected, the grid shows the schedule days that contain such an item. A red check box and Agent icon appears in the leftmost column (labeled "!") for every agent who meets these conditions.
To configure options on the Columns tab:
- Select Agent Rank to add a column to the Weekly View grid that displays an agent's Rank value.
- Select Site Name to display the Site column.
Applies to these modules: Weekly, Intra-Day, State Group Totals, Profiles/Bidding.
Use the Filter dialog box to control the activities and contracts that are displayed within the selected site:
- In any of these views— Weekly, Intra-day, State Group Totals, or Profiles/Bidding—click the Filter button on the Actions toolbar.
The Filter dialog box opens.
- Click the Agent Properties tab.
- In the Contracts list, select the check boxes for contracts that you want to display, from a tree of BUs, sites, and contracts. Clear the check boxes for contracts that you want to hide.
By default, all contracts are selected.
- Select or clear the check box Include agents with matching secondary skills, to specify that the main view includes agents who also match according to their secondary skills and activities.
TipThis check box is not available from the Schedule State Group Totals view.
- Click the Schedule States tab.
- To filter agents that will be displayed within the selected site:
- If you are in the Weekly, Intra-Day, or Profiles/Bidding module, select Filter Using Following Schedule States and then, select one (or all four schedule states: Activities, Meetings, Marked Time, and Shifts). Each portion of this tree includes the current business unit, site(s), and the appropriate objects (activities, meetings, marked times, or shifts).
- If you are in the State Group Totals module, this tab contains the Schedule State Groups list. Select the check boxes for groups that you want to display. Clear the check boxes for any groups that you want to hide. By default, all objects are selected.
- Select the check boxes for objects that you want to display. Clear the check boxes for objects that you want to hide.
- Click OK.
The view is now filtered according to your selection. If you have filtered a scenario view, this filter remains in effect until you close the scenario. However, if you select another site and then click the Filter button, the Filter dialog box reopens with its default settings.
- Select the item by which you want to sort. Agent Name is the default sort option.
- If agents do not have the option by which you are sorting, they appear last in the list.
- Click Apply.
- The view is now sorted by the item that you selected. WFM retains this sort order until you close the scenario.
Here is the sorting criteria for each view:
- Weekly view—Team Name, Contract, Agent Name (first or last), Agent Rank, or Site Name. You can sort in ascending or descending order. Note that Agent Rank sorts in apparent reverse order due to limitations imposed by multi-sorting by both agent name and rank.
- Intra-Day view—Site, Team, Contract, Agent (first or last), Shared Transport, Overtime, Paid Hours, Total Hours, Shift Start Time, Shift End Time, Shift, Start Time of First Exception.
- Profile/Bidding view—Site Name, Team Name, Agent Name (first or last), and Contract.