- 1 Activity properties
- 2 Creating and deleting activities
- 3 Configuring skills for activites
- 4 Associating agents with activities
This topic provides links to procedures for configuring activities.
Activities are work items that Workforce Management tracks and manages. For example, answering inbound calls, responding to email, completing after-call work, performing scheduled callbacks, and participating in chat sessions.
You must configure activities separately for each site or business unit. Business units require multisite activities, which combine activities at some or all of the sites in a business unit. If you select a site in the Objects pane, the activities configured for that location appear in the Activities pane. If you select a business unit, the multisite activities configured for that location appear in the Activities pane.
In the Activities pane, click an activity to view its properties and edit them.
- For instructions about how to view or create new activities or multisite activities and configure staffing properties and open hours, see Creating and deleting activities.
- To define regular activities, see Configuring skills for activities and Associating agents with activities.
- To configure multisite activities, see Assigning activities to multi-site activities, and Configuring skills for multi-site activities.
- To view, add, edit, or delete activity sets, or configure new or existing activity sets, see Creating activity sets and Adding activities to activity sets.
- To view, add, edit, or delete activity groups, or configure new or existing activity groups, see Grouping multiple activities.
- To configure activity policies to establish rules and guidelines that determine how, when, and in which activities the agent can engage, see Activity properties.
- To associate Stat Server statistics with activities and multisite activities for use in monitoring interaction and service levels, see Statistics configuration for activities and Configuring statistics for multi-site activities.
- To set default target service levels or staffing requirements for different types of activities, see Default forecasting objectives.
When adding activities, set the activity properties to establish rules and guidelines that determine how, when, and in which activities the agent can engage.
Select the site to which you want to add an activity and then, set the activity policies in the Activity Properties pane.
See also, Multi-site activity properties.
In the Activity Properties section:
- Name—Enter a name for this activity. The name must be unique within the site.
- Short Name—Enter a short name for this activity. The short name can be up to three characters and identifies the activity in Schedule displays. The short name does not need to be unique.
- Type—Select one of the following three options:
- Immediate Work—CTI activities that use Workforce Management service objectives for Forecasting and Adherence.
- Deferred Work—Backlog activities, such as email, that use special forecasting calculations.
- Fixed-Staff Work—Non-CTI activities that do not use Workforce Management service objectives.
- Activity Set—If this activity becomes part of an Activity Set, this field is automatically populated with the name of the activity set.
- Maximum Simultaneous Users—Enter a value that represents the maximum number of agents or staff that can work on this activity simultaneously.
- Minimum Staffing Level—Enter a value for the minimum percentage of agents or the minimum number of agents required for this activity and select the appropriate radio button: Percent or Agents.
In the Hours of Operation section:
- Monday to Sunday fields—Enter start and end times.
- Next Day check box—Check or uncheck for each day, as required. Check the check box for those days on which the hours of operation extend into the next day.
- Closed check box—Check or uncheck for each day, as required. Check the check box for those days when the contact center is closed. When checked, the start and end times for that day are disabled and cannot be modified. Lease the check box is unchecked, if the contact center is open on that day.
- Copy/Paste icons—Click to copy and paste start and end times, and next day settings from one day to another day.
Creating and deleting activities
To create an activity:
- In the Objects pane, select the site to which you want to add the new activity.
- When the Activities pane opens, select New Activity .
- The Activity Properties pane opens with the default name New Activity (<number>).
- In the Activity Properties and Hours of Operation sections, populate the fields as described in Activity properties.
- Click Save Now .
- Configure the activity, as explained in these topics:
- Adding activities to activity sets
- Configuring skills for activities
- Associating agents with activities.
- See also Statistics configuration for activities.
Creating multi-site activities
To create a multi-site activity:
- On the Objects pane, select the business unit, to which you want to add the new multi-site activity.
- Select New Multi-Site Activity .
- The Multi-Site Activities Properties pane opens.
- In the Multi-Site Activity Properties and Hours of Operation sections, populate the fields as described in Multi-site activity properties.
- Click Save Now .
Using copy to create activities and multi-site activities
To create a new activity or multi-site activity by copying an existing one:
- In the Activities pane, select an activity or multi-site activity.
- Select Copy .
- The Activity Assignment pane opens.
- In the Name field, rename the activity, if necessary. (The name must be unique with the site or business unit [BU].)
- In the Associate Copied Activity With The Following Site (for multi-site, BU) section, select the site (or BU) with which you want this activity to be associated.
- Click Save Now .
Deleting activities and multi-site activities
To delete an activity or multi-site activity:
- Select the activity in the Activities pane.
- Click Delete .
- When the Confirmation dialog opens, click Yes to delete or No to cancel the action.
Configuring skills for activites
Use this information in this topic to associate and disassociate skills and activities.
Note the following information about skills:
- If you add a skill to an activity, only agents with that skill are scheduled for that activity.
- If you associate multiple skills with an activity, agents must have all of the skills to work on the activity.
- An activity may include more than one skill, or it may represent a particular skill level.
User access to skills
Only the skills that the current user is authorized to access in Genesys Administrator are visible.
If a user's security access has changed so that he or she can no longer access certain skills, those skills are still visible; but the user whose access was changed cannot add, delete, or modify them.
Adding skills to activities
To add a skill to an activity:
- In the Activities pane, select the activity, to which you want to add skills.
- At the top of the Activities Properties pane, click Skills.
- When the Skills pane opens, click Add Skills to an Activity .
- In the Skills pane, assign the minimum and maximum skill levels.
- Skill Minimum Level—A minimum skill level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity. Define whatever range is appropriate for each skill, such as 1 to 10 or 1 to 100. The range should be consistent with the range used in Genesys Administrator.
- Skill Maximum Level—A maximum skill-level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity.
- In the list of skills, select those that you want to associate with this activity.
- To quickly find a skill, you can enter search criteria into the Search field (for example, the skill name).
- You must define skills in Genesys Administrator before they appear in this list.
- When you have finished selecting skills, click Apply .
Deleting skills from activities
To delete a skill:
Associating agents with activities
Associate agents with activities or work items that you created for a site or business unit.
Use the Agents pane within the Activities view to associate agents with activities. To open this pane, select Agents at the top of the Activity Properties pane.
Agents can work on activities under two conditions:
- They have the proper skill set. Their skills must match the skills required for the activity.
- They are eligible for activity assignments. If the effective date is before the current date, these assignments override the agent’s eligibility to work on the activity accordingly to the skill set.
To adjust which agents are associated with an activity, change the skill settings for either:
- The agent, by using the Agent Information section. See the Agent Activities view.
- The activity, by using the Skills pane in Configuration > Activities module. See Configuring skills for activities.
Associating agents with activities
To associate an agent with an activity:
- In the Activities pane, select the activity, with which you want to associate agents.
- At the top of the Activity Properties pane, click Agents.
- The Agents Associated with The Activity pane opens.
- Click Associate agents with the activity .
- A list of Available Agents opens.
- In the Effective Date field, enter (or click within the field to select from a calendar) the date that you want the association to begin.
- In the Status field, use the drop-down list to select one of four options: Primary, Secondary, Auto, or Disabled.
- In the Available Agents list, select the agents you want to associate with this activity.
- When you have selected all agents, click Apply .
Finding agents in lists
There are three ways to quickly and easily find agents when there is a long list of available agents:
- Enter the agents name into the Search field and select one of the two Search by: filters (First Name or Last Name radio button).
- Sort agents by First Name, Last Name, or Team.
- Filter agents by activities, multi-site activities, or contracts.
- In each of the three Filter panes, you can Sort the list in ascending or descending order.
- To remove an item from the list, click Remove .