Day Off and Weekend Rules
- 1 Properties
- 2 Notes about days off and weekends
Configure day-off and weekend rules while creating and editing contracts.
You use the Day Off and Weekend Rules pane when you create a new contract or when you edit an existing contract.
To configure day-off and weekend rules for an existing contract:
- Click Policies > Contracts.
- In the Objects pane, select the a site.
- In the Contracts pane, select an existing contract.
The Constraints pane is displayed by default.
- Click the Day Off and Weekend Rules tab.
The Day Off and Weekend Rules pane displays.
- Check the Days off per schedule planning period check box and enter the Minimum days off per schedule planning period and Maximum days off per schedule planning period, if required.
Use the Day Off and Weekend Rules pane to ensure that each contract receives a set number of days off per scheduling period. You can also use this pane to configure specific rules for weekend days off and consecutive days off.
Weekend Rules section
Defines the minimum and maximum number of times per user-defined schedule planning period (none, two to six weeks, or one month) that agents who are assigned to this contract must have a specified day or days off. The schedule planning period is set in Policies > Contracts > Site Settings.
A Note About Terminology
Many of the world's workers take their weekends on Saturday and Sunday, but not all. To assign a different weekend, select the first day of the weekend from the Weekend First Day drop-down list. Thus, you can alter a contract's settings for weekends quickly and easily with a single adjustment.
If your schedule planning period is one month, you can enter up to five First Weekend Days, Second Weekend Days, and weekends off.
- Weekend First Day—If Saturday is the first day of this contract's weekend, keep the default setting (Saturday). If this contract's weekend starts on a different day, select that day from the drop-down list.
- The value that you select here is displayed instead of First Weekend Day in the Days Off section.
- Maximum Consecutive Working Weekends—The maximum number of consecutive weekends that agents who are assigned to this contract type are allowed to work. A working weekend is when at least one of the weekend's days is scheduled for work.
- Turn the constraint OFF in one of two ways:
- Set the value of value Maximum Consecutive Working Weekends to 0. This is the default setting.
- Select the Unlimited check box, which is located on the right side of the same line. This is the default setting.
- Maximum Consecutive Working "Saturday" (2nd day of the weekend)—The maximum number of consecutive 2nd day of the weekend that agents who are assigned to this contract type are allowed to work.
- The actual day of the week is determined by your selection in the Weekend First Day field.
Days Off section
- Friday (or first weekend days) Are Off—When enabled, this feature guarantees that an agent has a specified number of First Weekend Days off per schedule planning period. Select the minimum and maximum number of times per schedule planning period that the contract must be excluded from the First Weekend Days schedule.
- The actual day of the week is listed in the label (for example, Mondays Are Off), and is determined by your selection in the Weekend First Day field.
- Saturday (or second weekend days) Are Off—When enabled, this feature guarantees that an agent has a specified number of Second Weekend Days off per schedule planning period. Select the minimum and maximum number of times per schedule planning period that the contract must be excluded from the Second Weekend Days schedule.
- The actual day of the week is listed in the label (for example, Tuesdays Are Off), and is determined by your selection in the field Weekend First Day field.
- Both Weekend Days Are Off—When enabled, this feature guarantees that agents of the contract are scheduled with the entire weekend off. Select the minimum and maximum number of times per schedule planning period that the contract must be excluded from the weekend schedule.
- If you select Both Weekend Days Are Off, you should still set the properties for the individual weekend days off. Both Weekend Days Are Off does not replace First Weekend Days Are Off and Second Weekend Days Are Off.
Consecutive Days Off Rules section
- Minimum consecutive days off hours per week—This setting enables you to ensure adherence with legal or company-set requirements for minimum consecutive hours off per week.
- If the value is more than 24:00, then the Minimum Working Days per Week constraint should not exceed 6 days, which leaves room for at least one day off to satisfy this constraint, and this constraint is satisfied if it is obeyed at least once a week.
- Minimum number of consecutive days off per planning period—Enter or select the minimum number of consecutive days off that agents must receive at some point during the schedule planning period.
Notes about days off and weekends
The information in this section about days off and weekends is important to note when planning agent schedules.
Number of Days Off Per Period
The minimum number of days off per period is based on the lowest number of minimum days off for all contracts in that period. The maximum number of days off per period is the highest number of maximum days off for all contracts in that period.
Consecutive Days Off Per Period
The following conditions apply for consecutive days of per period when the effective start date is specified for contract assignment:
- If the period is covered by more than one contract and all contracts have the same consecutive time off value, the constraint is retained for the entire period as if covered by only one contract.
- If the period is covered by more than one contract and the number of days contract that is available is less than the required consecutive time off, that contract is ignored while the maximum consecutive time off constraint for the period is evaluated.
- If the consecutive time off constraint is present in all contracts (satisfying only condition 2. above, the average consecutive time off value is calculated, based on the average total requested time off for each contract or number of contracts per period.
- If at least one contract during the period has a consecutive time off value or 0, that value is used for entire period.
Consecutive Working Sundays and Weekends Per Period
The consecutive working Sundays and Weekends per period function uses the maximum consecutive setting that is specified in the contract that is assigned on the first day of the schedule. Constraints are not violated during the contract date intervals and are handled properly on date boundaries so that the maximum value of both contracts is not exceeded.
Minimum and Maximum Saturdays, Sundays, and Weekends Per Scheduling Period
The min/max Saturdays, Sundays, and weekends per scheduling period function uses the setting that is specified in the contract that is assigned on the first day of the schedule.
If certain rules must be applied to the transitional period, a special transitional contract must be created. Therefore, if the agent needs to change his/her contract from A to B on a certain date (d0) and it is in the middle of the week or in the middle of long period, the user must create the transitional contract to start at day d1, which is the start of the week or the period. Contract B must start at the date d2, which is the start of the full week or period after d0. The application does not provide additional automation to create transitional contracts or rotating patterns.