Chat channel options
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Manage your Contact Center in Agent Setup for version Current of Agent Setup.
Learn about the chat channel options available in Agent Setup.
In the Chat section of the Contact Center Settings page, configure the following options:
- Chat Auto Answer specifies that chat interactions are automatically answered when an agent receives the invitation.
- Chat Reject enables agents to reject incoming chats.
- Chat Nickname specifies the nickname that is displayed on the chat window in interactions. Type one the following syntax options:
- $Agent.UserName$ to display full username.
- $Agent.LastName$ to display only last name.
- $Agent.FirstName$ to display only first name.
- $Agent.FullName$ to display full name.
- $Agent.EmployeeId$ to display employee ID.
- Lookup Contact for Chat activates Agent Desktop for contact lookup when an interaction is presented to an agent.
- Create Contact for Chat will create a contact if the initial contact lookup fails to find an existing contact.
- Click from Chat to Voice enables users to initiate a voice interaction by clicking a phone number in a chat transcript.
- Click from Chat to eMail enables users to initiate an email by clicking an email address in a chat transcript.
- Chat Interaction Ringtone Type specifies the chat ringtone type. Enable the option and then select the ringtone type from the drop-down list box.
- Chat Interaction Ringtone Priority specifies the priority level of the chat ringtone within the channels. Enable the option and then type the number for the priority level.
- Chat Interaction Ringtone Duration specifies how long the ringtone rings. Use the following values:
- -1 specifies to repeat the ringtone until the chat is answered.
- 0 specifies to play the ringtone only one time.
- 1 or more specifies to play the ringtone for the specified duration (in milliseconds) and then repeat until the chat is answered.
- Chat Message Ringtone Type specifies the chat message ringtone type. Enable the option and then select the ringtone type from the drop-down list box.
- Chat Message Sound Priority specifies the priority level of the chat message sound within the channels. Enable the option and then type the number for the priority level.
- Chat Message Sound Duration specifies the length of the sound. Use the following values:
- -1 specifies to repeat the sound until the chat message is read.
- 0 specifies to play the sound only one time.
- 1 or more specifies to play the sound for the specified duration (in milliseconds) and then repeat until the chat message is read.
- Can Two Step Transfer enables two-step transfer of a chat, beginning with a chat consultation.
- Can Two Step Conference enables two-step conference of a chat, beginning with a chat consultation.
- Can One Step Transfer enables instant chat transfer.
- Auto-disconnect automatically disconnects a chat session when the agent is the last remaining party.
- On-hold Queue specifies the Interaction Queue where a chat interaction is placed when an agent places it on hold. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy.
- Warning time specifies the time in seconds that a warning alarm alerts an agent of a customer awaiting a chat response.
- Maximum time specifies the time in seconds
- Prompt for end displays a confirmation prompt to an agent when they select End. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy.
- URL push max records specifies the maximum size of the pushed URL list.
- Timestamp specifies whether the timestamp is displayed in the Chat transcript area.
- Typing specifies whether a typing notification is sent to customers during a chat interaction.
- Typing timeout specifies the duration in seconds of when the typing notification is displayed after the last keystroke.
- Decline allows an agent to decline incoming chat interactions.
- URL push allows an agent to push URLs to customers during chat sessions.
- Interaction Disposition allows an agent to set a disposition code for chat interactions.