Learn how to configure access groups for users in your contact center.
Access Groups are groups of users who need to have the same set of permissions for Configuration Database objects.
In many cases, users fall into a small number of categories with similar access needs. A team of agents all performing the same tasks often has identical access needs. Two or three people responsible for maintaining a specific site of the contact center may also have identical access needs. You can greatly simplify access control by adding individuals to Access Groups and then setting permissions for those groups.
The Access Groups list shows the Access Groups that are in your environment.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Click the name of an Access Group to view additional information about the object.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Access Group object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, select the check box beside one or more objects and click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy an Access Group.
- Move To—Move an Access Group to another folder.
- Enable or disable Access Groups.
- Create a folder.
Click on the name of an Access Group to view additional information about the object.
Creating Access Group Objects
To create an Access Group, perform the following actions:
- In the header, click Configuration.
- Under the Accounts heading, click Access Groups.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Access Group. You must specify a unique value for this property.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click Apply to save the access group. The Members tab appears.
- In the Members tab, click Add to add a User. In the pop-up window, you can create a new user by clicking New.
- Perform one of the following actions after you have added a User to the Access Group:
- Click Save to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click Apply to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click Cancel to discard the changes.