Genesys Email Routing (CE16) for PureEngage
What's the challenge?When customers take the time to send an email, they expect a quick, personalized response. But as the volume of email interactions increases, you struggle to provide timely and helpful responses. Trust in email as a reliable communication channel is declining among your customers and employees.
What's the solution?Automatically distribute emails to the best-fit agent based on content analysis and keywords. Genesys Email Routing streamlines your response process using email automation functionality that enables you to monitor, measure, and optimize your email flow to create a better customer experience.
Story and Business Context
Email is still one of the most reliable and desired ways for customers to interact with companies for support. It is an essential avenue for companies to serve and engage with customers while providing a consistent and positive customer experience. Genesys can improve handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction by routing email interactions to the best agent, systemizing automatic acknowledgement, automating responses, and supporting the ability for supervisors to quality review agent responses for training, coaching, and to support the company’s goals for the ideal customer experience.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Direct interactions to an expert through skills based routing improves First Contact Resolution|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Address customers requests in a timely manner through skills based routing improves Net Promoter Score|
|Increased Revenue||Route revenue generating opportunities to best skilled resources through skills based routing increases revenue|
|Reduced Handle Time||Reduce handle time by routing emails to agents with the right skills|
A customer sends an email to a company email address. The email is captured by the Genesys system and a content analysis is performed to assign a category to the email. It is then queued to the best available agent with the skill set corresponding to the category. After the agent has compiled the email answer, a supervisor may review the email depending on the agent. Priority tuning functionality can improve the service level adherence to customer's emails. The reporting functionality of this use case provides management visibility into the email interaction channel to drive further improvements.
The use case includes the optional enhancement to use Natural Language Processing to identify the email category. This requires additional licenses and services efforts.
Use Case Definition
This flow describes the use case from the perspective of the user and contact center agent.
The diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- A customer sends an email to one of the public addresses (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) monitored by the Genesys Email solution. Alternatively he can submit an email using a web form based on Genesys widgets.
- Genesys periodically checks corporate inboxes for new emails using POP3, IMAP, or Exchange Web Services Protocol.
- The new email is captured by Genesys including “From”, “To”, and “Subject” as metadata.
- Genesys verifies if the corresponding user already exists as a contact within the Genesys Universal Contact History (by email address). If the contact does not exist yet, Genesys creates the contact. The email and any answer by the agent is attached to the contact.
- The system verifies if the “From” email address is on the email blacklist. Emails from blacklisted email addresses are not distributed to agents.
- The system checks if the email is a new email or a reply email.
- In the case of a new email, the system analyzes the content to classify the email.
- In the case of a reply email from the customer, the system attempts to route to the previous agent.
- In the case of an automatically generated reply email, the email is not distributed to an agent and the flow stops.
- The system sends out a receipt acknowledgement email to the customer with a predefined template for the “To” address.
- Once an agent with the requested skill is available, the email is routed to the agent's workspace application with screen pop showing “From”, “To”, and “Subject” information. Any available contact information from the Genesys Contact History (customer name, for example) and previous contact history is also displayed.
- Once the agent reads the email, he or she needs to decide if a reply is needed.
- If no reply is needed, the agent marks the email as done.
- If a reply is needed, the agent creates an outbound reply email, potentially using a standard response template.
- The agent sets a disposition code to mark the business outcome for reporting purposes.
- After the agent sends the email, the email can be passed to a supervisor for review before sending it to the user. The decision is made based on the agent.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.