Genesys IVR Recording (EE21) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
Incomplete information makes it much harder to monitor and coach your teams. End-to-end recordings should include IVR and multiple handoffs across layers and locations to understand the whole interaction.
What's the solution?
Genesys IVR Recording provides end-to-end digital recordings stored either on-premise or in the cloud. Recordings are key records that can be used for monitoring and reports, or can be used to drive insights in other systems such as WFO or AI transcriptions
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Genesys Interaction Recording is a compliance and control platform based on Genesys SIP, the T-Lib protocol, and the Genesys proprietary event model. Fully integrated to the CIM platform, Genesys Interaction Recording provides economies and powerful recording control via a host of integrations across the suite.
This solution enables the modern contact center to record the entire customer interaction, enabling the contact center to meet quality or regulatory compliance requirements.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Customer Experience||Recording IVR interactions provides a better understanding of how customers interact with it as a basis for improving customer experience.|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Ensure compliance with operational and legal requirements by recording 100% of IVR interactions.|
Delivers 100% voice recording of customer interactions within the IVR for compliance and regulatory requirements.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description Customer makes a call to one of the service lines of the company.
- The call is routed to the IVR.
- An announcement is played to the customer that the call is going to be recorded.
- Genesys Interaction Recording starts the recording.
- If needed, the customer or the system transfers the call to an agent.
- Customer or IVR disconnects the call.
- Genesys Interaction Recording stops and stores the recording.
- Supervisor searches for, retrieves, and listens to a recording made by one of their agents.
- Legal and Compliance officer checks the system for compliance and retrieves recordings for legal purposes.
- Genesys Interaction Recording archives and purges recordings according to the rules defined in the system.
Business and Distribution Logic
Details of the business flow described in the previous section depend on how the system is set up for your environment. This section describes the available options and how Genesys Professional Services does the initial setup for your environment.
Metadata are tags that are added to the recording and allow precisely targeted interaction search and selection for evaluation and analysis. What data is available depends on the distribution logic implemented in your environment.
Archiving and Purging Criteria
Recordings can be archived and/or purged from the system after a specified time. After recordings have been purged, they are no longer available for supervisors or compliance officers from the Genesys user interface. The corresponding policies are configured during setup. This use case provides one set of rules that are valid for all recorded calls. GIR does not manage archived files. It is the customer's responsibility to set up the lifecycle policy of these archives and purge them after the lifecycle period.
Access control to recordings is managed by user roles and associated permissions as well as by the organizational hierarchy defined for the individual agents. This use case includes a default set of roles that can be provided upon request.
Pause / Resume recording
The ability for the system to pause and resume a recording is configured as part of the VXML scripts within the IVR, based on your requirements.
User Interface & Reporting
Historical reporting is provided by templates in the SpeechMiner UI (business interface), which is part of Genesys Interaction Recording. As this is a compliance use case, the number of calls recorded per service/business line/customer segment is not relevant. The assumption is that 100% of calls are recorded.
In addition to the historical reporting, Genesys Interaction Recording provides audit logs for recording access. These audit logs contain the following information:
- Who accessed a recording
- Which recording
- When accessed
- Playback requests
- Report exports
- Customer ID
- Interaction Type
- Reason Code
- All attached metadata
- Archive and Purging logs
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- The Record IVR Interactions – Base package supports 100% of voice recording at the IVR Extension level only (no other recording methods)
- This use case supports Genesys GVP only–no 3rd-party IVRs
- Apache is the only load balancer currently supported for GIR
- GIR MCPs are not shared with GVP
- If IVR is used to collect payment information or other customer-sensitive data, then use case Genesys Selective Recording (EE30) or Genesys Compliance Recording (EE29) needs to be used as well.
- The following activities are out of scope:
- Configuration of network at its final state: SBC, Media Gateways, VLANs, Firewalls, NAT, Trunking Services, etc.
- Configuration or setup of additional Load Balancer software/hardware (DNS method or other)
- Load balancing or cluster for API Servers
- Configuration of external storage system (such as SAN / NAS)
- Setup of lifecycle policy for archived files
- Installation of the standard out-of-the-box Workforce Desktop Edition
- Customization of other desktop applications to enable Dynamic Recording
- High Availability for the Apache Load Balancer
- Provisioning of recordings from other vendors
- Version v 1.0.2 last updated February 16, 2021