Genesys Employee Onboarding (EE20) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
Companies spend a lot of money to train new hires, only to have some leave immediately after onboarding training ends. This can result from the delay between learning a skill then putting it into practice, which can happen with longer duration onboarding.
What's the solution?
Use automation to identify ideal employees that fit your skill blueprint during the recruitment stage. Start onboarding by training on skills that can quickly be put into action, and reinforce any knowledge gaps with automated learning items.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
This use case builds on the Performance DNA base use case, Genesys Skills Assessment (EE13) for Genesys Engage on premises, to build a Speed to Competency program to be used by new employees to:
- Reduce employee attrition with new hires – Provide a structured measurement of employee development at each stage of the onboarding journey. Ensure each employee is receiving the correct level of knowledge and address any knowledge gaps automatically.
- Achieve speed to competency targets – Building a linear measurement of individual skills and knowledge enables Learning and Development functions to address any employee skill gaps immediately, before any impact to the customer.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Build a linear measurement of individual skills and knowledge so that Learning and Development functions can address any employee skill gaps immediately, before any impact to the customer.|
|Reduced Employee Attrition||Provide a structured measurement of employee development at each stage of the onboarding journey to ensure that each employee is receiving the correct level of knowledge and address any knowledge gaps automatically.|
Delivers the capability to conduct onboarding programs efficiently and track their progress across time, as well ensuring that agents are competent in the most time-effective manner.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Complete Performance DNA base configuration:
- Completed use case Genesys Skills Assessment (EE13) for Genesys Engage on premises.
- Complete branding of application in line with the customer’s brand, including fonts, colors, and logos.
- Create knowledge assessments specifically in line with onboarding program requirements, utilizing onboarding learning programs and subject matter experts to identify core learning content.
- Employees are trained and relevant assessments are completed at the end of each training day. Organizations can configure a linear approach where assessments must be completed in order and in line with the learning delivered.
- The trainer uses real-time reporting to identify any gaps and individual knowledge.
- The trainer addresses learning gaps with each individual.
- Employee completes end-of-learning assessments to ensure all core knowledge has been understood. Knowledge assessment questions from the mid-week knowledge assessments above can be reused, allowing for clear comparison of knowledge improvements.
- Certificates can be provided to the employee upon completion of the knowledge assessment.
- Employees failing end-of-block knowledge assessments can be retrained in the specific gaps identified. Employees may not be allowed to progress to the next stage until a minimum standard has been achieved.
Business and Distribution Logic
The business user:
- Predefines the assessments according to the Onboarding or Speed to Competency Program.
- Sets up business rules to auto-assign the onboarding assessments to all new employees.
User Interface & Reporting
Agents access the Performance DNA Web UI with a supported browser. See Supported Operating Environment Guide for specific browser support.
The Genesys PDNA product contains a number of out-of-the-box reports. See the Skills Assessor (PDNA) Administration Guide for details.
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- Performance DNA solution is offered to On-Premise customers from a standalone cloudin a Cloud-only supporting Hybrid Architecture. A minimum of 200 agent seats is required to deploy a local standalone (independent) instance.
- KPI/Org data availability is mandatory for setting up the Performance DNA base configuration.
- Version v 1.0.4 last updated February 12, 2021