Genesys Compliance Recording (EE29) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
Your contact center needs to meet quality and/or regulatory compliance requirements with voice and screen recording. If you don’t, you risk penalties and damaged reputation.
What's the solution?
Record 100 percent of customer conversations with an agent for compliance and regulatory requirements, including access control, encrypted communications and long-term storage.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
- 7 Related Documentation
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Genesys Interaction Recording is a compliance and control platform based on Genesys SIP, the T-Lib protocol, and the Genesys proprietary event model. Fully integrated to the CIM platform, Genesys Interaction Recording provides economies and powerful recording control via a host of integrations across the suite. This solution enables the modern contact center to record the entire customer interaction, enabling the contact center to meet quality and/or regulatory compliance requirements.
Use Case Benefits*
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Customer Experience||Provides consumer protection, trust and transparency.|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Recording 100% of calls with no lost calls reduces compliance risk and penalties.|
This use case provides 100% voice recording of customer conversations with an agent for compliance and regulatory requirements, including access control, encrypted communications, and long-term storage.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- Customer makes a call to one of the service lines of the company.
- An announcement is played to the customer that the call is going to be recorded. (*Compliance step)
- The call is handled and routed to an agent following the logic of the Inbound Voice distribution strategy that is implemented for the Service Line. This can be either the use case Genesys Call Routing (CE01) for Genesys Engage on premises or Genesys Personalized Routing (CE02) for Genesys Engage on premises.
- Genesys Interaction Recording starts the recording.
- The interaction is recorded with reliability. (*Compliance step)
- The communication between components is secured. (*Compliance step)
- Agent answers the call from any desk within the site.
- The agent may (if enabled) pause and resume the recording manually via the standard integration with Genesys Workspace when sensitive data needs to be entered.
- Customer or Agent disconnects the call.
- Genesys Interaction Recording stops and stores the recording.
- The recording is encrypted, and is stored encrypted at rest. (*Compliance step)
- Supervisor searches for, retrieves, and listens to a recording made by one of their agents.
- Access to the recording is controlled. (*Compliance step)
- User access and activity is available for audit. (*Compliance step)
- Legal and Compliance officer checks the system for compliance and retrieves recordings for legal purposes.
- Genesys Interaction Recording archives and purges recordings according to the rules defined in the system.
Business and Distribution Logic
Metadata are tags that are added to the recording and allow precisely targeted interaction search and selection for evaluation and analysis. What data is available depends on the distribution logic implemented in your environment.
Archiving and Purging Criteria
Recordings can be archived and/or purged from the system after a specified time. After recordings have been purged, they are no longer available for supervisors or compliance officers from the Genesys user interface. The corresponding policies are configured during setup. This use case provides one set of rules that are valid for all recorded calls. GIR does not manage archived files. It is the customer's responsibility to set up the lifecycle policy of these archives and purge them after the lifecycle period.
Access control to recordings is managed by user roles and associated permissions as well as by the organizational hierarchy defined for the individual agents. This use case includes a default set of roles that can be provided upon request.
When configuring encryption, you are responsible for backup of the private key. If the private key becomes lost or corrupt, any recording encrypted using that key become unusable.
If screen recording is also used in the deployment, a screen recording certificate must also be provisioned. ==== Encrypted Communications ==== Communications between GIR components occur on a secure channel.
When configuring encrypted communications, TLS, you should follow your own company's security policies for creating and signing certificates.
Health and Alarming
Log level alarming is present for the critical components within GIR. MCP utilizes the SNMP MA for trap capture and upstream messaging.
User Interface & Reporting
The agent will have the optional capability to pause/resume a recording when confidential information is passed via the call via his agent desktop.
Auditing is provided by templates in the SpeechMiner UI (business interface), which is part of Genesys Interaction Recording. Genesys Interaction Recording provides audit logs for recording access. These audit logs contain the following information:
- Who accessed a recording
- Which recording
- When accessed
- Playback requests
- Report exports
- Customer ID
- Interaction Type
- Reason Code
- All attached metadata
- Archive and Purging logs
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- The Record Interactions – Base package supports 100% voice recording at the DN level only (no other recording methods).
- Apache is the only load balancer currently supported for GIR.
- GIR MCPs will not be shared with GVP.
- SNMP MA will be configured for each MCP.
- The following activities are out of scope:
- Configuration of network at its final state: SBC, Media Gateways, VLANs, Firewalls, NAT, Trunking services, etc.
- Configuration or setup of additional Load Balancer software/hardware (DNS method or other)
- Load balancing or cluster for API Servers
- Setup of lifecycle policy for archived files
- Installation of the standard out-of-the-box WDE
- Customization of other desktop application to enable Dynamic Recording
- High Availability for the Apache load balancer
- Provisioning of recordings from other vendors
- v 1.0.3