Genesys Skills Management (EE16) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
Your frontline employees directly impact customers’ perception of your company. Yet it’s very difficult to know at any given point that your agent resources have the skills needed to drive business outcomes and are properly representing your brand.
What's the solution?
Identify skills that drive desired business results, then create models to distribute this knowledge in a consistent manner. Assess agent understanding of what you’ve provided, then target additional training if needed. Compare and track completion and effectiveness in driving your business performance metrics.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
This extensional use case is built on foundational use cases Genesys Skills Assessment (EE13) for Genesys Engage on premises and Genesys Performance Management (EE14) for Genesys Engage on premises. It unlocks the key differentiating features of Performance DNA, enabling organizations to:
- identify skills & capabilities that drive high-performance,
- personalize employee engagement and development,
- increase coaching and training ROI, and
- help achieve better business outcomes.
This use case is applicable in the following scenarios:
- For existing customers who have deployed use case EE13 previously: Implementation of use case EE16 will be done in conjunction with use case EE14;
- For existing customers who have deployed use case EE14 previously: Implementation of use case EE16 will be done in conjunction with use case EE13.
- For new customers who are deploying use case EE13 and EE14 simultaneously: Implementation of use case EE16 will be done in conjunction with the above.
This use case addresses a number of pain points:
- Performance management optimization – Develop performance "blueprints" based on multiple key performance indicators and employee skills & knowledge used to improve key business metrics. Gain key insights on the skills and capability of high performers and use this as the basis for developing skills and capabilities of all other employees.
- Targeted personal development based on KPIs – Performance DNA blueprints help organizations identify specific skills and capability gaps of an employee when compared against a high performer in the same role. This enables targeted training and coaching based on each employee’s unique needs. Since development is based on high-performer skills and capabilities, the activities undertaken are aligned to overall business goals and targets.
- Reduced Operating Costs – By aligning employee skills and capabilities to actual business performance, organizations increase their returns on investment. Targeted coaching and training are more effective and reduce the overall number of sessions that need to be scheduled.
- Consistent customer experience - Gain actionable insights into the key skills drivers of company top performers and how these skill sets can be replicated to drive a consistent customer experience across all channels, enterprise-wide.
- Conformance with ISO 9001 and COPC CSP Standards – Consolidate record management across coaching, training, and operational performance functions. Reduce manual processing, omissions, and errors. Organizations pursuing or maintaining ISO9001 and/or COPC CSP certifications benefit from having high data quality (CUIKA) and system-generated reports that measure completion, results, effectiveness, trends, and sustained improvements as required by certification standards.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Performance "Blueprints" provide insights on skills and capability of high performances as a basis for development of other employees. Individualisation of training and development needs to match high performance "Blueprints" aligns training with overall business goals and targets.|
|Improved Customer Experience||Developing and training to high performance "Blueprints" improves customer experience.|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Targeting of training and development based on individual gaps reduces overall training and administration costs. Consolidated record management reduces manual processing, errors and omissions, enabling organizations to demonstrate high quality data for certifications such as ISO 9001, COPC CSP and CUIKA.|
Recommended for new and existing customers, Performance DNA is an enterprise-wide solution for use across contact centers, back office, HR, retail, BPO, and others.
Use case EE16 guides organizations to map employee skills and capability (from use case EE13) against employee performance (from use case EE14) in the Performance DNA solution.
The assessment framework in Performance DNA will be aligned with key performance indicators Configuration will allow specific assessments to be auto-assigned or recommended to employees when they fail to meet related KPI targets.
DNA Strands will be updated to include both skills and performance components with the actual design developed collaboratively.
Correlation analysis between skills and performance component to be enabled. Employee progress trend reports, meanwhile, will display learning outcomes and KPI results over time to help organizations measure process effectiveness.
Employees, and their managers, will be able to view skills and performance data in a single location, improving coaching flow and day-to-day conversations.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Performance DNA has been provisioned and configuration has been completed in the cloud.
- Complete the branding of application in line with the customer’s brand, including fonts, colors, and logos.
- Complete use case Genesys Performance Management (EE14) for Genesys Engage on premises.
- Complete use case Genesys Skills Assessment (EE13) for Genesys Engage on premises.
- Correlate agent knowledge and KPI Data to identify top performers.
- Build high-performer DNA ‘blueprint’
- Build DNA blueprint in line with business objectives.
- Use high performers' KPI and Knowledge results to set thresholds and targets.
- Compare other employees against the top performers to the relevant blueprint for their role.
- Identify gaps in individual knowledge and performance.
- Create personalized learning plans for each skill gap to support agent progression.
- Assign Learning Items to support agent progression.
- Based on Performance and Knowledge results, automatically suggest or assign relevant Learning Items.
- Manually assign personalized learning plan.
- Agents to complete the Assessments and Knowledge Nudges assigned to them.
- If successful, communicate improvement to manager and continue through process.
- If unsuccessful, repeat step 4, feeding results into performance blueprint.
- Notify the manager on the completion of the Learning Item and arrange performance review and create ongoing development plans for the agent.
- KPI and measurable targets are collated and reviewed, feeding back into the continuous improvement cycle.
Business and Distribution Logic
Business users must:
- build a consolidated Agent DNA framework using both KPI and Assessment metrics.
- set up business rules to automatically assign learning items to support identified performance or knowledge gaps.
User Interface & Reporting
Agents access the Performance DNA Web UI with a supported browser. See Supported Operating Environment Guide for specific browser support.
The Genesys PDNA product contains a number of out-of-the-box reports. See the Skills Assessor (PDNA) Administration Guide for details.
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- Performance DNA solution is offered to On-Premise customers from a standalone cloud in a Cloud-only supporting Hybrid Architecture. A minimum of 200 agent seats is required to deploy a local standalone (independent) instance.
- KPI/Org data availability is mandatory for setting up the Performance DNA base configuration.
- Version v 1.0.3 last updated February 16, 2021