Genesys Selective Recording (EE30) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
You need selective recording of agents for review purposes based on metadata such as percentage-based, business-unit based, and customer type-based interactions. Without this, you can’t monitor and improve team performance.
What's the solution?
With Genesys Selective Recording, you can define recording rules to capture the interactions that matter most to you.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Genesys Interaction Recording is a compliance and control platform based on Genesys SIP, the T-Lib protocol, and the Genesys proprietary event model. Fully integrated to the CIM platform, Genesys Interaction Recording provides economies and powerful recording control via a host of integrations across the suite.
This solution enables the modern contact center to record selective customer interaction, allowing the contact center to improve recording control and target discreet interactions for recording.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Target recording by percentage, type of call or customer according to business need.|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||Lower hardware footprint and storage requirements than for "blanket" recording.|
This use case allows for selective recording of agent for review purposes based on metadata such as percentage-based, business-unit based, and customer type-based interactions.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- Customer makes a call.
- IVR announces recording.
- Call is processed according to the inbound use case.
- Selective recording metadata triggers are met: percentage, business unit, customer type, language.
- Call is routed according to the inbound use case, with the recording flag set.
- Interaction Recording starts recording.
- Agent pauses or resumes the recording.
- Customer or agent disconnects the call.
- Interaction Recording stops and stores the recording.
- Supervisor listens to the recording.
- Interaction Recording archives and purges the recordings.
Business and Distribution Logic
Details of the business flow described in the previous section depend on how the system is set up for your environment. This section describes the available options and how Genesys Professional Services does the initial setup for your environment.
Metadata are tags that are added to the recording and allow precisely targeted interaction search and selection for evaluation and analysis. What data is available depends on the distribution logic implemented in your environment.
Archiving and Purging Criteria
Recordings can be archived and/or purged from the system after a specified time. After recordings have been purged, they are no longer available for supervisors or compliance officers from the Genesys user interface. The corresponding policies are configured during setup. This use case provides one set of rules that are valid for all recorded calls. GIR does not manage archived files. It is the customer's responsibility to set up the lifecycle policy of these archives and purge them after the lifecycle period.
Access control to recordings is managed by user roles and associated permissions as well as by the organizational hierarchy defined for the individual agents. This use case includes a default set of roles that can be provided upon request.
Pause / Resume recording
The ability for an agent to pause / resume a recording from their agent workspace is enabled or disabled based on customer requirements.
The rule by which the decision to record is set. Requires a decision block within the routing strategy prior to the TRouteCall.
Configure the TRouteCall request in the routing strategy to include the key record, with the values:
- destination for agent-side recording—Recording stops when the agent transfers the call, unless recording is set up on the new routing point.
- source for customer-side recording—Recording stops when the customer leaves the call.
Add the following attached data key to prescribe the partitions with which the recording is to be associated.
User Interface & Reporting
Using Agent Workspace, the agent can pause or resume a recording when confidential information is passed via the call.
Historical reporting is provided by templates in the SpeechMiner UI (business interface), which is part of Genesys Interaction Recording.
In addition to the historical reporting, Genesys Interaction Recording provides audit logs for recording access. These audit logs contain the following information:
- Who accessed a recording
- Which recording
- When accessed
- Playback requests
- Report exports
- Customer ID
- Interaction Type
- Reason Code
- All attached metadata
- Archive and Purging logs
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- The Record Interactions – Base package supports up to 100% selective voice recording based on Recording Rules, at the DN level only (no other recording methods).
- Apache is the only load balancer currently supported for GIR.
- GIR MCPs will not be shared with GVP.
- The following activities are out of scope:
- Configuration of network at its final state: SBC, Media Gateways, VLANs, Firewalls, NAT, Trunking services, etc.
- Configuration or setup of additional Load Balancer software/hardware (DNS method or other)
- Load balancing or cluster for API Servers
- Configuration of External Storage system (such as SAN / NAS)
- Setup of lifecycle policy for archived files
- Installation of the standard out-of-the-box WDE
- Customization of any other desktop application to enable Dynamic Recording
- High Availability for the Apache load balancer
- Provisioning of recordings from other vendors
- Version v 1.0.3 last updated August 22, 2022