Genesys Task Distribution-Workgroup (BO03) for PureEngage
What's the challenge?Customer promises are broken as work falls through the cracks. Employee morale suffers with unfair workloads. The business faces low utilization, failed SLAs, transfers, churn, lower sales and poor visibility into performance. You need a better way to make work available to staff and manage tasks waiting to be handled.
What's the solution?Make it easy for employees to see and select relevant work to make them more productive and enhance the employee and customer experience. Genesys Task Distribution - Workgroup places work into work bins so employees with certain skills can easily pick tasks to complete. Auto-escalation ensures service levels are met.
Story and Business Context
Customers want to enjoy the benefits of automated work distribution capability, but want to provide flexibility for their staff to select the task from a pre-optimized work list (also known as Optimized Pull Mode) instead of implementing direct Push to deliver tasks.
The back office automation system can be integrated with one or multiple source systems, where the customer-related tasks are created and stored. The system can capture, classify, prioritize, distribute, and manage these tasks efficiently to group or individual workbins from where the agents can pull their desired tasks from pre-prioritized and assigned work packages.
All work packages are assigned to the workbins and can be pre-prioritized based on a centralized business logic, and can be fairly distributed among the available agents.
Pull mode allows freedom for the agents to choose which work items they want to complete first, but they can select only one of the pre-assigned tasks. The task distribution is fully automated, all handling times and performance parameters can be measured, and the fulfillment of SLAs can be supported by the workbin assignment mechanism and used for Workforce Management.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Attrition Rate||Offer fair balance of workload among all available resources|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improve occupancy by reducing idle time and improving AHT through intelligent task distribution based on task attributes and agent/employee skills|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Deliver committed tasks on time and provide better quality answers by better matching skills|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Automate task distribution, reduce manual distribution and supervisor task-monitor; schedule and report through intelligent task distribution|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Reduce transfers through the ability to discern the impact of distribution on transfers of tasks|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Provide insights of untouched tasks through escalation of these tasks after a given period of time to the appropriate management resource|
This use case extends Genesys Task Distribution (BO02) by adding Optimized Pull, which enables organizations to leverage essential parts of iWD capabilities without fully implementing the automated Push mechanism. Tasks are distributed to personal and/or group workbins and agents can fetch tasks from there. Customers can also easily migrate from the decentralized pull mode to a more automated task distribution. If working in push mode is not allowed for any reason, the concept of Optimized Pull still provides a controlled and predictable method of work and delivers the required transparency across the company.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- A new task is created in the source system (BPM, CRM, or Workflow).
- Genesys captures the task from the source system and creates an interaction in the system. The interaction is classified and prioritized according to business rules and the task type (see Business Logic). The tasks are reprioritized within certain periods of time. See Genesys Task Distribution (BO02) for PureEngage for details.
- Genesys looks for an available slot in a personal or group workbin of agents with the required skills. The distribution logic fills up the workbin until the maximum number of tasks is reached (or no task for the corresponding skill is available). If no workbin has an available slot, Genesys queues the task and reprioritizes in predefined intervals until it can be distributed.
- If the task is not handled within the time threshold (calculated as a percentage of the SLA), the task is sent back to Genesys for escalation handling. Escalation handling may include:
- Distribution to another agent / agent group workbin, or
- Distribution to a supervisor workbin
- Tasks continue to be reprioritized at regular intervals, even if they are distributed to a workbin, to ensure that their priority reflects the proximity of the due date. Tasks are temporarily removed from the workbin for reprioritization.
- The agent can pull a task via the Genesys desktop, which displays the task and opens the corresponding work item within the source system.
- Task handling functionality occurs exactly as in Genesys Work Distribution (BO02) for PureEngage.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.