Genesys Customer Authentication (CE07) for GenesysCloud
What's the challenge?Most IVRs require your customers to manually enter their information each time they call. Customers typically have to supply that information again when they’re connected with an agent or transferred — leading to longer handle times, higher purchase abandonment and poor customer experience scores.
What's the solution?Cut out time-consuming identification steps with a simple, automated caller ID. Genesys Customer Authentication integrates with your customer database to identify callers by their phone number. This context is passed across channels — so you can identify, verify and proactively greet customers, without repetition.
Story and Business Context
Smart contact center software knows who’s calling. Genesys Cloud identifies customers based on their caller ID or prompts the customer for identifying information. This information is passed throughout the call flow for progressive identification and verification — so your customers don’t have to repeat themselves and your agents can start solving problems faster.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improve NPS by saving the customer time through efficient and automated ID&V interaction and by extending a more personal approach offered by agent (knowing who the customer is)|
|Reduced Handle Time||Reduce agent handled time due to a partial automation calls through identification and verification (ID&V) with IVR|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Reduce volume of agent-handled inbound calls by improving containment rate through a robust and flexible ID&V solution|
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- The IVR answers a call.
- If enabled, Genesys Cloud identifies a customer using the Automatic Number Identification (ANI) / Caller Line Identification (CLI). BL1
- If ANI / CLI are available, Genesys Cloud performs a lookup in the company's backend system (for example, the CRM) to identify the caller.
- If identification via ANI / CLI is disabled or fails, Genesys Cloud asks for a separate Identifier (for example, the customer ID, account number, tracking number, or alternate phone number) to identify the customer. The caller must respond to this question by entering a numeric value. If the customer does not have the required information they can opt-out and proceed down an un-authenticated path.
- The customer input is validated against the enterprise/organization's backend system (for example, the CRM). If no match is found, Genesys Cloud asks the customer for their identifier. Genesys Cloud requests this information up to a maximum of three times after failure. The number of retry attempts is configurable. If Genesys Cloud cannot successfully validate the customer, the customer is transferred to a queue for agent-assisted service.
- If needed for security purposes, Genesys Cloud can ask for additional information to validate the caller's identity. The caller must respond to this question by entering a numeric value.
- Genesys Cloud validates the information entered against the organization's backend system (for example, the CRM). If this validation is unsuccessful, Genesys Cloud asks the customer for security information again, up to a maximum of three times after failure. The number of retry attempts is configurable. If Genesys Cloud cannot successfully validate the customer, Genesys Cloud transfers customer to a queue for agent-assisted service.
- After successful identification and verification, Genesys Cloud transfers the call to the next step of the overall call flow. This might be an agent-assisted service or a self-service application. To simplify subsequent interactions during this call, Genesys Cloud retains the the customer identifier and verification status. Later Genesys Cloud can display this information to an agent by using scripts.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.