Genesys Customer Authentication (CE07) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?
Most IVRs require your customers to manually enter their information each time they call. Customers typically have to supply that information again when they’re connected with an agent or transferred — leading to longer handle times, higher purchase abandonment and poor customer experience scores.
What's the solution?
Cut out time-consuming identification steps with a simple, automated caller ID. Genesys Customer Authentication integrates with your customer database to identify callers by their phone number. This context is passed across channels — so you can identify, verify and proactively greet customers, without repetition.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
- 7 Related Documentation
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Smart contact center software knows who’s calling. Genesys Cloud identifies customers based on their caller ID or prompts the customer for identifying information. This information is passed throughout the call flow for progressive identification and verification — so your customers don’t have to repeat themselves and your agents can start solving problems faster.
Use Case Benefits*
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Containment Rate||Reduce agent handled inbound call volume by improving containment rate through a robust and flexible solution|
|Improved Customer Experience||Improve NPS by saving the customer time through efficient and automated ID&V interaction and by extending a more personal approach offered by agent (knowing who the customer is)|
|Reduced Handle Time||Reduce agent handled time due to a partial automation call through identification and verification (ID&V) with IVR.|
|Reduced Interaction Abandonment||Certain self-service tasks require a solid means of authentication. If a caller cannot be adequately identified, the call will likely end up waiting for an agent to be available.|
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- The IVR answers a call.
- If enabled, Genesys Cloud identifies a customer using the Automatic Number Identification (ANI) / Caller Line Identification (CLI). BL1
- If ANI / CLI are available, Genesys Cloud performs a lookup in the company's back-end system (for example, the CRM) to identify the caller.
- If identification via ANI / CLI is disabled or fails, Genesys Cloud asks for a separate Identifier (for example customer ID, account number, tracking number, or alternate phone number) to identify the customer. The caller must respond to this question by entering a numeric value. If the customer does not have the required information, they can opt out and proceed down an unauthenticated path.
- The customer input is validated against the enterprise/organization's back-end system (for example, the CRM). If a match cannot be found, Genesys Cloud asks the customer for their identifier. Genesys Cloud requests this information up to a maximum of three times after failure. The number of retry attempts is configurable. If Genesys Cloud cannot successfully validate the customer, the customer is transferred to a queue for agent-assisted service.
- If needed for security purposes, Genesys Cloud can ask for additional information to validate the caller's identity. The caller must respond to this question by entering a numeric value.
- Genesys Cloud validates the information entered against the organization's back-end system (for example, the CRM). If this validation is unsuccessful, Genesys Cloud asks the customer for security information again, up to a maximum of three times after failure. The number of retry attempts is configurable. If Genesys Cloud cannot successfully validate the customer, Genesys Cloud transfers customer to a queue for agent-assisted service.
- After successful identification and verification, Genesys Cloud transfers the call to the next step of the overall call flow. This step could be an agent-assisted service or a self-service application. To simplify subsequent interactions during this call, Genesys Cloud retains the customer identifier and verification status. Later Genesys Cloud can display this information to an agent by using scripts.
Business and Distribution Logic
Parameters and Business Rules
- Customer identification by ANI / CLI - Step 3 in the business flow can be enabled or disabled depending on specific business requirements. If this step is disabled, the flow always asks for a customer identifier. (for example customer ID, account number, or tracking number.) You can set this parameter for each company service line.
- General: Voice Prompts - The business can configure all voice prompts within this flow.
There is no applicable content for this section.
User Interface & Reporting
If Genesys Cloud transfers the call to an agent, the agent receives an indication whether the customer is:
- Identified and verified
- Identified only
- Not identified or verified
If they are available in the back-end system, Genesys Cloud displays the customer's identifier and name.
Due to the continuous evolution, the features available in Genesys Cloud rapidly change. See the Genesys Cloud Resource Center for latest features at http://help.mypurecloud.com.
The following are examples of Genesys Cloud Historical and Real-time views that provide relevant insights:
- Agent views provide metrics on agent status, agent performance, agent interactions, and other metrics to understand agent activity. Filters include skills, languages, wrap-up codes, and more.
- There are several views that provide insight into both real-time and historical queue activity.
- The Queue Activity view shows real-time metrics, including all calls that are currently waiting on and interacting with agents.
- The Interactions view provides detailed information on both historical and real-time interactions.
- It allows supervisors to filter interactions based on metrics including agent names and wrap-up codes.
- Genesys Cloud has a full library of canned reports available in .pdf and .xlsx formats.
- Supervisors can filter these reports by dates, users, queues, and so on.
- Supervisors can download reports from the Genesys Cloud user interface.
- Supervisors can schedule reports to run and download in batch.
- Other Views
- Scheduled Callbacks
- And more
Same as real-time Reporting.
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- Identify the customer using the businesses publicly available REST endpoint. This endpoint must provide the appropriate web services and must be web accessible.
- Validate the customer's identity using the publicly available REST endpoint that the business provides.
- The business must either have a unique identifier or a phone number for each customer used for identification.
- If the business requests customer entries, the unique identifier must be numeric.
- V 1.0.2