About the tracking snippet
Learn what happens after you deploy the tracking snippet on your webpages.
How the tracking snippet works
Genesys Predictive Engagement provides a traditional tracking snippet and an SPA tracking snippet to track activity on your webpages. For more information, see Types of snippets.
- The Genesys Predictive Engagement SDK does not block the loading of any other resources.
- This snippet represents the minimum configuration needed to add the Genesys Predictive Engagement customer support widget. To start sending tracking data from your visitors back to the Genesys Predictive Engagement servers, see Web Tracking API.
- Creates a new script HTML element
- Sets the source attribute to the Genesys Predictive Engagement SDK’s URL
- Sets the async attribute to 1 ( truthy)
- Adds the script element to the DOM
- Sets the name of the only global function exposed by the Genesys Predictive Engagement SDK to 'ac'
- Calls the ac function and runs the following commands:
- init to set the organization ID and region, and to specify which account to send the data to
- pageview to record an event when a page with the tracking snippet loads, allowing Genesys Predictive Engagement to track the visitor's journey across the website.
For more information about the the tracking method, see Web Tracking API.