Genesys Personalized Routing (CE02) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?When your customers call, they expect you to know who they are. If they are connected to employees who don’t have any information about them or their previous interactions — resulting in unnecessary repetition, effort and time — your customer experience scores suffer.
What's the solution?Create an effortless experience by recognizing a repeat customer and prioritizing a connection to the same agent who previously served them. Offer expected wait times and the convenience of self-service or a call back. Genesys Personalized Routing uses context-based routing to direct calls to the best resource.
Story and Business Context
This functional use case has been created to enable companies to use Advanced Genesys Routing capabilities to improve customer experience by routing voice interactions to the best fit agent based on the type of request and customer context. The ability to recognize repeat customers is a very common scenario. Detailed routing behavior is driven by configuration parameters and rules, therefore providing a highly flexible framework to adapt to specific organization needs. The base logic is based on experience and best practices from previous implementations and therefore enables the organization to use best practice scenarios to enable fast realization of benefits.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Using customer context enables routing to agents who can handle the customer's specific query more quickly.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Routing calls based on customer context reduces familiarisation time and improves customer experience.|
|Increased Revenue||Routing calls to the same agent that the customer previously spoken to may increase the chances of completing a sale.|
|Reduced Handle Time||Enabling agents to handle queries more quickly improves employee utilization.|
|Reduced Transfers||Routing calls to agents based on customer context reduces the need for internal transfers.|
A customer call is qualified within the IVR. The customer is identified and authenticated (if needed) within the IVR menu (not part of this use case). The customer ID is used to retrieve context data on the customer from Genesys Context Services. Based on his choices within the IVR and on the context data, he is routed to the best agent able to serve his request and potentially additional services, e.g. to realize up-sell potential. All relevant context information is displayed to the agent to enable high-quality service delivery. Providing the ability to recognize customers in all touch points and channels, orchestrating the interactions; enabling the agent to see the context to better serve the customer and being able to match callers with the same agent with whom they previously spoke are ways to deliver an excellent customer experience.
The logic of this use case is business rules driven and therefore flexible to changing needs and business environments.
Use Case Definition
The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e. the customer and the contact center agent. It provides a high-level view of the basic flow. The detailed description of the underlying call flow is described in Chapter “Distribution Logic”.
Business Flow Description
- The customer calls one of the numbers of the contact center.
- He is routed to an IVR application which is determining the service type and also performs an Identification and (optionally) Verification of the customer. This functionality is provided outside of the scope of this use case, it is assumed that the information on the requested service and customer identification is passed on to be used within this use case. The use case CE7 - Effective Identification and Validation in IVR can be used for this functionality. Alternatively, customer CLI is used for Identification.
- If the customer calls outside of out-of-office hours or if an emergency situation is in progress, an announcement is played. After this the caller may be reconnected or diverted to another number inside or outside of Genesys.
- Genesys retrieves context data on the customer based on the customer identification.#If the contact center is open the routing parameters for this particular call is set based on the type of request and the customer context. This will enable flexible and personalized call handling.
- The Expected Wait Time (EWT) for the customer is calculated and is announced to the customer (optional). If the EWT exceeds a specific threshold, an announcement is played and the caller is disconnected or routed to another number inside or outside of Genesys (optional).
- Additional announcements are played to the customer. These announcement are based on the customer context. Examples include: Quality announcements/Special promotions-offers for the customer/Announcements for potential self-service options
- If the customer has been calling recently for the same type of request, Genesys can route to the last agent (configurable based on type of request and customer context). In case this agent is not logged in or not available for this call within a specified time out, the call is routed to the requested skill
- The call is distributed to the best agent who:
- Has the base skill(s) to handle the original request
- Has the supplementary skill(s) determined by the customer context (optional). Examples include:Skills to upsell a defined product / service to the customer or specific empathy skills based on the customer segment or demographic
- A cascading mechanism enlarges the potential agent pool by suppressing the supplementary skill and / or reducing the skill level on the base skill if the call cannot be distributed within specific timeouts.
- Once the call is distributed to an agent, the call context information is displayed to the agent. As an example, the agent is able to see any special offer or promotion for the customer, so he can start the relevant information. The agent handles the customer request and any potential up-/cross-sell opportunity.
- After the conversation with the customer, the agent records the outcome of the call for reporting purposes e.g. if he has acted on the presented lead
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.