Genesys Shift Bidding (EE11) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?As millennials make up more of your workforce, they want more control in their lives and a way to easily influence their schedules. Managers want to reduce the time it takes to manage this process as long as the contact center runs efficiently.
What's the solution?Supervisors manage specific employees who can choose shifts or schedule they want while managing the operation of the contact center.
Story and Business Context
This use case focuses on operational efficiency and employee empowerment through enabling the employee shift bidding process. In this process, planners build employee profiles rather than individual employee schedules. Once schedules are created, the employees are asked to populate their individual profiles with their preferred shift combinations.
Contrary to the use of rotating patterns and agent shift preferences, Workforce Management Schedule Bidding allows supervisors to build schedules based on the best coverage available within the pre-defined business rules, constraints, and labor laws. The supervisor controls which agents can bid on schedules and the dates available for bidding, allowing for complete operational control.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Empower employees by allowing them to self-manage their schedules against pre-determined profiles that correspond with their contractual and shift obligations. Allow employees to select profile schedules based on their personal preferences|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Allow workforce planners to build employee profiles based on operational requirements to assist with overall scheduling needs. Reduce operational planning time by decreasing effort associated with approval and management of schedule requests|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Generate ideal schedules whilst adhering to business rules and labor laws|
Provides the capability for workforce planning teams to generate schedules based on profiles of their configured employees. Once generated, these profiles can be pushed to the employee for preference selection.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Base Configuration Complete (Use Case EE01).
- Supervisor creates Profiles in the WFM Contracts.
- Supervisor assigns skills to the profiles related to real agent skill sets/WFM activities.
- Supervisor creates a Bidding schedule scenario selecting Profile Agents.
- Supervisor builds schedule containing Profile Agents for optimum coverage.
- Supervisor selects which agents can bid on the schedule and enters open/close times for the Bidding period.
- The Profile Schedules are now available for agents to bid on.
- Agents enter values associated with the schedules they most / least want to work.
- The Bidding time expires, and agents can no longer bid on schedules.
- Supervisor can optionally assign a real agent to a profile schedule.
- Supervisor auto-assigns agents to schedules.
- Supervisor can optionally activate Seniority and/or Rank.
- Supervisor publishes Schedule to Master.
- Supervisor can run Schedule Bidding Report.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.