Genesys Personalized Digital Routing (CE20) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?Customers expect to be connected with the best available agent, and for the agent to know their history and status from all communication channels — email, messaging, and chat. But if your interaction channels operate in silos, your agents are operating at a disadvantage and customers get frustrated.
What's the solution?Give customers hyper-personalized experiences by routing them to the best resource. Move beyond queue-based routing to improve customer satisfaction and reduce operational costs. Enable the best possible business outcome across every digital channel.
Story and Business Context
This use case is an open framework which allows to implement multiple scenarios in conjunction with other Smart use cases (most notably the use case Genesys Personalized Routing (CE02) for GenesysEngage-onpremises.
Please see the document [[UseCases/Current/GenesysEngage-onpremises/CE05|]] as one example.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Identify customers' intent, identity, context and journey information and route to the right skilled agents through skills based routing to improve first contact resolution|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improve NPS by addressing customers requests in a timely manner through skills based routing|
|Increased Revenue||Identify customers' intent, identity, context and journey information and route revenue generating opportunities to best agent through skills based routing increase revenue|
|Reduced Customer Churn||Reduce customer churn by understanding customers intent, identity, context and journey and address issues by directing interactions to best available resource|
|Reduced Handle Time||Identify customers' intent, identity, context and journey information and route to the right skilled agents through skills based routing to reduce handle time|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Reduce inbound transfers by identifying customers' intent, identity, context and journey information and routing to the right skilled agents through skills based routing|
Identify customer intent and identity and use customer context data and journey information (cross-channel history) to route to agent with optimal capabilities to handle the customer's request. This use case is an enhancement of the following functional use cases, which provide details on handling of the respective channel.
- Genesys Email Routing (CE16) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
- Genesys Chat Routing (CE18) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
- Genesys SMS Routing (CE29) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
In addition to the functionality covered already by the use cases mentioned above, this use case will add the following capabilities by using customer context data and business rules:
- Personalized auto-acknowledge messages
- Personalized routing decisions
Use Case Definition
The following diagram describes the business flow of the interaction handling.
Business Flow Description
- The customer contacts the company via e-mail, chat or SMS
- Genesys verifies if the customer can be identified in context services (Reference: BL1)
- Identifying information is:
- E-mail address for e-mail and chat
- Phone number for SMS
- Identifying information is:
- If the identifying information does not match an entry in context services, a new contact will be created. Context from the interaction and customer journey will be attached to this contact. For chat: If the customer does not provide an e-mail address, he will be handled as anonymous customer and no contact / journey will be created.
- The interaction is handled as described in the underlying use cases for chat, e-mail or SMS
- If the customer could be identified in context services, Genesys will check if personalized treatment/handling of the customer interaction is required using the available information in the database and the configured business rules (Reference: BL2).
- Genesys updates the contact with context information from the interaction and the customer Journey. The interaction is handled as described in the underlying use cases for chat, e-mail or SMS.
- Genesys updates the contact with context information from the interaction and the customer Journey (Reference: BL3). Genesys will modify the following based on the configured business rules:
- Automated reply message (personalized messaging)
- Required skill / agent to handle the interaction
- Interaction priority
- The flow will continue as described in the underlying use cases for chat, e-mail or SMS with the modified parameters as described above.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.