Set up iWD
A high-level view of the steps to take to set up Cloud iWD, integrate it with third-party source systems and use the Cloud iWD API to submit workitems to iWD.
To implement Cloud iWD, complete the following steps:
- Define agents and agent groups.
- Configure agent desktop options for your contact center.
- Configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for all users of iWD Manager.
- Define a routing application in Designer to handle incoming workitems to iWD.
- Use iWD Manager to:
- Create Endpoints that correspond to the target endpoints created in your Designer routing application.
- Create Categories that correspond to specific departments or business processes and their hierarchies (business context). Associate each category with an Endpoint. Create a set of Service Level Agreement-based rules for how workitems in each Category are to be handled.
- Create Prioritization schemas that control the logic and speed with which workitems are (re-)prioritized both before and after their Service Level Agreement. Associate the schemas to Categories.
- Ask your Genesys team to configure other global iWD settings, including setting up notifications back to the source system by configuring a webhook integration. Click here for more detail on webhooks.
- Integrate your source systems to use the Cloud iWD API to submit workitems to Genesys (see Integrating source systems below).
- Monitor the activity of your contact center as iWD manages the global queue of workitems.
- Manage individual workitems or groups of them while iWD queues and distributes them.
- Report on historical contact center activity using Genesys CX Insights. Report on real-time activity through the iWD Manager Monitoring features on the Summary tab and through Pulse.
Create an application to submit workitems to Cloud IWD
A third-party application such as Salesforce or Netsuite can interact with Genesys Cloud IWD through the Cloud IWD API.
You must develop an adapter for your third-party application that can create and stop workitems by using the Cloud IWD API. It must be able to:
- Update information about a workitem, if needed;
- Retrieve it;
- Receive messages about it if webhooks are configured to communicate back to source systems.
(Webhooks must be configured by Genesys.)
Add a webhook URL for each source system in IWD Manager
You must configure one webhook URL per source system to be configured so that your source system can receive messages about workitems back from Cloud IWD. Work with your Genesys representative to configure this.
Starting/updating/stopping a workitem
The typical workflow is as follows:
- The application creates a workitem through the IWD API.
- The application updates the workitem through the IWD API (if needed).
- The application stops the workitem.
There are two ways for the application to stop an interaction:
- Implicit (recommended)—stop by invoking Mark Done. For this method, complete the following steps:
- Set up Agent Desktop to use the Service Client API.
- Disable the Mark Done button in Agent Desktop (as mentioned earlier in Configuring Agent Desktop and instead invoke the markdone method.
- Set the disposition code by invoking the setUserData method.
- Explicit—stop by using the IWD API. This requires additional configuration from your Genesys representative.
A sample application that demonstrates using the IWD API is also available through your Genesys representative.