Integrate iWD with Genesys Workforce Management (WFM)
Improve management of your contact center workforce by integrating iWD with Genesys Workforce Management (WFM).
To improve management of your contact center workforce, you can integrate iWD with Genesys Workforce Management (WFM). To enable WFM functionality, WFM processes three metrics for each activity every 15 minutes:
- Interaction Volume ("new")—The total number of workitems placed in iWD categories that correspond to the activity in the last 15-minute time interval.
- Average Handle Time (AHT)—The total time agents spent working on workitems divided by the total number of workitems processed.
- Actual Queue ("backlog")—The number of pending interactions (not completed yet) at the end of the last 15-minute time interval in all iWD categories corresponding to the activity.
2. If Data Mart fails to send data to WFM, it tries to send metrics for all missed intervals during the next run.
- You must provision and configure tenants manually using Configuration Manager.
- If iWD reclassifies a workitem after reporting it to WFM for the first time, it will not be reported as PERF_ITEM_ACT_IV but will be reported in PERF_ITEM_ACT_QUEUE on subsequent interval.
Configure iWD/WFM integration
- Configure Filters for the selected iWD Categories to make it possible to calculate AHT for the corresponding Activities:
- Connect to the tenant Configuration Server.
- Go to Applications > region > WFM > SS_WFM > Application Options.
- Add a new option under the Filters section:
- For example:
You can use wildcards in category path names:
- To use this feature you must first enable the filters-allow-wildcards-in-values option in Stat Server WFM.
- Save the changes.
- Open Applications > region > WFM > SS_WFM_B > Application Options.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5.
- Create Activities as normal WFM activities taking into account the following guidelines:
- Create one Activity of type Deferred per category with the naming pattern iWD_Category/iWD_Subcategory and with the identical name as in iWD.
- Create one Activity of type Deferred per category with the naming pattern iWD_Category/*, so all subcategories will be mapped to this one.
- Create a special Activity named Default/Unclassified to handle unclassified workitems, and create a separate Filter for it as described in step 1.
- Configure the Average Handle Time (AHT) statistic for each Activity:
- Open WFM Web for Supervisors > Configuration > Activities.
- Open the Activity > Statistics tab.
- Click Add.
- Type =
- Either Group of Agents or Group of Places depending on your needs.
- Total Handle Time =
- Interactions Handled =
- Filters = <select the filter for the corresponding iWD Category/Subcategory>.
- Type =
- Click Apply.
- Save the Activity.