Genesys Skills Assessment (EE13) for PureEngage
What's the challenge?To match customers with the most appropriate agents, you need an accurate assessment of employee skills. This challenging-but-necessary task can be complicated by internal processes. As you align with HR and operations to reduce costs, your reduced visibility to organizational skill sets can impact customer experience.
What's the solution?Automate employee skills and capability assessments to measure, manage and develop individual skills. By reducing knowledge gaps in your workforce with targeted, self-paced training and clear coaching insights, you can provide a more consistent customer experience across all channels.
Story and Business Context
As a base functionality, Performance DNA enables organizations to measure, manage, and develop employee skills and capability. Online knowledge assessments and feedback surveys are created within the system and are used to benchmark employee core knowledge. Learning items such as audio & video files, slide decks, documents, and webpages can be attached to Performance DNA assessments to address any knowledge gaps and ultimately improve employee capability.
Data is captured and maintained electronically while in-system reports provide real-time updates on activity completion and results. Learning items can then be delivered in a targeted manner, to address skills and capability gaps identified by Performance DNA, instead of using a generic “one-size-fits-all” approach.
Performance DNA provides:
- Clearly defined and validated skills & capability blueprint – Performance DNA blueprints align with HR, L&D, and Operations. Employee skills and capability data are captured electronically and retained in-system.
- Increase speed to competency – Self-paced learning and assessment programs can be deployed for new hires or existing employees to improve their speed to competency. Blueprints identify actual skills and capability levels among employees across the organization. Learning items can be targeted at addressing gaps quickly and effectively.
- Enterprise employee optimization journeys – Creation of individual employee development journeys provides clear visibility of the skill levels of all employees across the enterprise.
- Reduced L&D cost – Targeted development reduces costs associated with a "one size fits all" learning strategy. Online learning and assessments reduce over-reliance on classroom training and manual processing of attendance and results. Classroom training can be limited to employees who fail online learning and assessments. Digitalized assessments and reports cut back on trainers’ administrative workload, allowing them to focus on their core duties.
- Standardized employee service to customers – Similarly skilled and capable employees are more likely to provide consistent experience to customers, maintaining similar resolution rates and handle times.
- Record management, governance and certification – Training and coaching data such as completion, results, and analysis are stored in a single centralized source, reducing manual processing time, omissions, and errors. System-generated reports improve governance function and align with the requirements of ISO9001 and COPC CSP Standard.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Comprehensive management of individual skills, capabilities and learning & development plans dramatically improves agent competency.|
|Improved Employee Attrition Rate||Employees who are provided with clearly defined, personalized training plans and career paths feel more valued and are less likely to leave.|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Individualized development plans reduce overall training & development costs and time spent in training leading to improved employee utilization.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Individualized training focused on skills and capabilities needed to deliver high performance improves the customer experience.|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Online administration and management of assessments and learning & development including employee self-management reduces administrative overhead, effort and cost.|
Skills and capability can be assessed by importing historical data from previous activities conducted by the business, most notably by the learning and development team. Alternatively, or additionally, Performance DNA has a built-in assessment designer that can create multimedia-rich assessments. These include knowledge test, skills verification, scenario or situational assessments, aptitude tests and feedback surveys.
Once skills and capability data has been consolidated in Performance DNA, organizations can quickly and accurate identify highly skilled and capable employees across the enterprise for any given role. Their "blueprint" can be used as a benchmark for comparing skills and capability of other employees, teams, departments, outsources, or subsidiaries.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Performance DNA has been provisioned andconfiguration has been completed in the cloud
- Locate Employee Data from HR file extract, and or WFM, including First Name, Last Name, Employee ID, and Team Information. Configure Org Data to import HR information daily. For configuration details see the Performance DNA Admin guide.
- Create or modify a suite of baseline assessments.
- Agents complete a suite of baseline assessments.
- Collate Assessment results to provide holistic knowledge and capability measurement.
- Assign Learning Items to support agent progression:
- Based on Knowledge results, automatically suggest or assign relevant Learning Items.
- Manually assign a personalized learning plan.
- Agents to complete the Assessments and Knowledge Nudges assigned to them.
- If successful, communicate improvement to Manager and continue through the process.
- If unsuccessful, repeat part 4, for ongoing development and feeding results into the DNA blueprint.
- Notify the manager on the completion of the Learning Item and arrange a performance review and create ongoing development plans for the agent.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.