Genesys SMS Notification (CE12) for PureEngage
What's the challenge?Customers want a quick way to be notified of appointment reminders, delivery notifications, fraud alerts, coupons, loyalty program information, surveys and much more. Repeated handling of unnecessary outbound calls and preventable inbound follow-up drives up costs and can damage customer and employee satisfaction.
What's the solution?Communicate important information simply and efficiently using Genesys SMS Notifications. Customers experience a more satisfying and engaging experience with businesses. And companies reduce operational costs while ensuring important and time-sensitive text alerts are delivered to customers wherever they are.
Story and Business Context
Consumers want businesses to send them proactive notifications when that information is personalized, timely, and relevant. The text messaging channel is an efficient, quick way to notify customers of appointment reminders, delivery notifications, fraud alerts, coupons, loyalty program information, surveys and much more. Many companies struggle with adding the SMS channel to their outbound notification strategy for marketing, care, or collections. This use case describes the ability to configure and execute outbound SMS campaigns based on customer-provided contact lists.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improve NPS by proactively notifying customers through SMS.|
|Increased Revenue||Increase revenue through improved resolution of business outcomes.|
|Reduced Customer Churn||Reduce churn and improve loyalty by addressing common pain points and frustrations that affect revenue streams.|
|Reduced Overtime Costs||Reduce agent-assisted outbound calls by automatically sending communications through SMS.|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Decrease inbound interactions by proactively sending communications through SMS.|
This use case enables companies to proactively send customers notifications using SMS for marketing, care, or collections. The company can use its marketing, CRM, or collections system to generate contact lists based on a one-time event, recurring events, or trigger-based events. The lists include the appropriate contact details, such as contact name, mobile phone number, and contact reason. Delivery results are recorded in the system to feed into reports.
Outbound SMS notification examples include:
|Retail||Insurance||Collection Agencies||Travel and Hospitality|
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the main flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- An Admin (or Genesys PS) configures the campaign and interaction strategy in the Genesys System. The organization prepares a contact list for the campaign.
- The campaign begins contacting consumers based on the campaign strategy set in the previous step.
- The Genesys system checks each contact/record against the Do Not Call list to filter out consumers who should not be contacted.
- 3a. All records flagged with DNC are not sent.
- 3b. Genesys compiles the SMS text from a template using fields provided with the contact list for personalization. Best practice recommends adhering to character limits, though the Genesys aggregation platform supports concatenation for messages exceeding in-country limits (for example, the maximum size in the U.S. is 160 characters).
- 3c. Genesys system updates contact/record result, which is recorded in the contact list.
- 3d. The customer receives the message.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.