Genesys Personalized Task Distribution (BO04) for PureEngage
What's the challenge?Customer promises are broken as work falls through the cracks. Employee morale suffers with unfair workloads. The business faces low utilization, failed SLAs, transfers, churn, lower sales and poor visibility into performance. You need a better way of distributing and managing work based on customer and other data.
What's the solution?Use multiple data sources to make work more productive and enhance the employee and customer experience. Genesys Personalized Task Distribution combines standard task attributes with customer and other contextual data to make more intelligent classification, prioritization and work distribution decisions.
Story and Business Context
The personalized task distribution solution can be integrated with one or more source systems (such as CRM/BPM/workflow systems) where tasks related to customers are created and stored.
The personalized task distribution system is designed to capture, classify, prioritize, manage, report, and effectively distribute these tasks to the best fit employees based on certain business rules according to resources, skills, and availability.
Business rules configured in the personalized distribution system (such as service level agreements, business calendars, and external customer or interaction context) enable calculation of the individual task's business value and priority. This ensures the adequate prioritization and timely completion of all tasks for all customers.
Once the organization has a list of tasks that employees need to handle (coming from different systems, and the tasks already imported to the personalized task distribution system), the tasks are automatically distributed to employees based on their skills, capacity, and real-time presence. In this use case, the prioritization rules for the tasks can be influenced by real-time captured external data. These external data (captured from third-party systems (such as marketing, BI, workflow, network management, and maintenance systems) can be used to modify the routing and or prioritization rules.
The system provides functionality for near-real time monitoring and historical reports of operational performance and for the key business KPIs.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Increase throughput, utilization, and efficiency in agents' work, by delivering the tasks to the agents’ universal desktops in push mode via screen pop together with interaction context and history in blending mode. Improve work item handling agility through the display of task-related external documents, references, and contextual information together with the work items|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Reduce idle time and improve Average Handle Time through an additional third-party data lookup feature that enables context-based prioritization and routing|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Provide more timely and complete insights through distribution of tasks with the full customer context|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Deliver all committed tasks on time to customers|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Automate task distribution, reduce manual distribution and supervisor task-monitor; schedule and report through intelligent task distribution|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Reduce interaction transfers by analyzing the impact of distribution on task transfers|
This use case builds on the use case Genesys Work Distribution (BO02) for PureEngage, adding third-party data lookup to enable context-based prioritization and routing. This feature enables companies to leverage data that is not available in the source system of the tasks to be used in prioritization or distribution decisions. These systems may include marketing, BI, or data warehouse systems as well as Genesys internal context services. The use case enables companies to better target skilled resources based on interaction history and/or customer context stored in non-integrated backend systems. For example, NPS survey results from a third-party system can be used to personalize work item handling and improving business outcomes. Displaying task-related external documents, references, and contextual information together with the work item improves the agility of handling tasks. Many personalization scenarios can be supported where the dynamically captured data is used for reprioritization and/or routing enhancement.
- External Parameters might be captured from third-party systems or from Genesys Context Services (through webservices or DB lookup) to allow personalization of the business logic defined using Business Rules. Third-party systems must be integrated with Genesys to enable the capture of external context data. The format of the data and the communication interface will be defined at the beginning of the project (See Assumptions).
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case. Note that in the following business flow, the data lookup applies only to new interactions.
Business Flow Description
- A task is created in the source (CRM/BPM/workflow) system.
- Genesys captures the new tasks from the source system through existing capture adapters and creates a new interaction in iWD. See Genesys Work Distribution (BO02) for PureEngage for details.
- During the classification process iWD initiates one or more data lookups to fetch context data from third-party systems or from Genesys context services. This data can be used as additional attributes to distribute or prioritize tasks.
- Based on the parameters available with task creation and the additional parameters fetched from another system, the interaction is classified based on business rules (see Business Logic section on Genesys Personalized Task Distribution (BO04) for PureEngage).
- The interactions in the GTL (Global Task List) are reprioritized within specified intervals based on task attributes and/or additional context data.
- iWD Interactions in the universal queue get routed to an employee or supervisor based on routing logic. Once an employee with the right skill becomes available to handle the task, the task is distributed to the employee. If it cannot be assigned within a specified period of time it is reprioritized.
- The Genesys employee desktop opens the corresponding work item within the source system. The employee handles the task in the source system, as in Genesys Work Distribution (BO02) for PureEngage.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.