Learn how to deploy Voicemail into a private edition environment.
- The instructions on this page assume you are deploying the service in a service-specific namespace, named in accordance with the requirements on Creating namespaces. If you are using a single namespace for all private edition services, replace the namespace element in the commands on this page with the name of your single namespace or project.
- Similarly, the configuration and environment setup instructions assume you need to create namespace-specific (in other words, service-specific) secrets. If you are using a single namespace for all private edition services, you might not need to create separate secrets for each service, depending on your credentials management requirements. However, if you do create service-specific secrets in a single namespace, be sure to avoid naming conflicts.
In addition to the general deployment prerequisites, the Voicemail Service has the following prerequisites; you must complete the following before deploying the Voicemail Service:
- Deploy Voice Services.
- Choose a storage option for Voicemail. For more information, see Storage requirements.
The following services are required before proceeding with Voicemail deployment testing:
- Tenant Service
- Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) deployment
- Web Services and Applications (GWS), including Agent Setup (for accessing the UI and configuring the Voicemail solution)
Voicemail deployment notes
- Similar to Voice Services, a Voicemail Service also requires security context constraints for Genesys users. Since the security context already created for Voice Services, we reuse the same for the Voicemail Service. Use the following command to add the security context for a Voicemail Service:
oc adm policy add-scc-to-user genesys-restricted -z voice-voicemail -n voice
- Edit the voicemail_override_values.yaml file in the voice_helm_values directory as per required storage. See Configure the Voicemail Service.
- Install the Voicemail Helm chart with overridden_values.yaml (with the -f flag), below is the sample command.
- The pass "--set version=<voicemail node image version>"
helm upgrade --install --force --wait --timeout 300s -n voice -f ./overridden_values.yaml voice-voicemail https://<jfrog artifactory/helm location>/voice-voicemail/voice-voicemail-9.0.07.tgz --set version=9.0.10 --username "$JFROG_USER" --password "$JFROG_PASSWORD"
Validate the deployment
The procedure to validate the voicemail deployment is similar to voice microservices. For more information, see Validate the deployment in Configure and deploy section of this guide.