Feature support and known limitations
Understand the differences between the Voice Microservices features and functionality and on-premises voice architecture.
This page provides high-level information about functionality that is not supported or is only partially supported in Voice Microservices architecture in the cloud compared with the legacy on-premises deployments.
Unsupported functionality in Voice Microservice architecture
The following functionality was supported in legacy, on-premises voice architecture, but is not supported in the cloud-based Voice Microservices architecture:
- ACD queues
- Alternate routing for stranded calls
- Inter-Server Call Control (ISCC); that is, multi-site support
- "Nailed-up" connections
- Associating an ACD queue with a routing point
- Asterisk-based voicemail integration
- Call park/retrieve
- Call pickup
- NETANN-based call recording
- Media Server reliability NETANN
- Supervision of Routing Points (IVR supervision is supported instead)
- IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) integration
- Instant Messaging
- Presence from switches and endpoints
- Smart OtherDN handling
- Trunk capacity control
- Find Me Follow Me functionality
- Hunt Groups feature
- Preview interactions functionality
- E911 emergency gateway
- Remote supervision
- Class of Service (COS) functionality
- "Dummy" media session parameters (SDP)
- P-Access-Network-Info private header
- Remote server registration
- Shared Call Appearance (SCA)
- Do Not Disturb (DND) feature
- Opt-out call recording
- SDP codec filtering
- SIP TCP keep-alive mechanism (not supported at the SIP Proxy Service level)
- SIP-based agent login
- SIP phone Device Management functionality
Limitations and constraints in Voice Microservice architecture
The following Voice Microservices features and functionality are supported in the cloud, but with some limitations or constraints:
- A consult call is always supervised.
- The only supported consult-user-data model is inherited.
- No Answer Supervision timeouts are fixed and not configurable.
- Wrap-up-time option configuration at the Route Point level is not supported.
- Authentication of outbound predictive calls (falls under the SIP Authentication feature).
- The Reason Code is not set when placing an agent in the Not Ready state on No-Answer Supervision.
- The Customer-on-Hold Privacy feature is disabled.
- Support for Mute/Unmute for two-party calls (disabled in static configuration).