Genesys SMS Notification (CE12) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?
Customers want a quick way to be notified of appointment reminders, delivery notifications, fraud alerts, coupons, loyalty program information, surveys and much more. Repeated handling of unnecessary outbound calls and preventable inbound follow-up drives up costs and can damage customer and employee satisfaction.
What's the solution?
Communicate important information simply and efficiently using Genesys SMS Notifications. Customers experience a more satisfying and engaging experience with businesses. And companies reduce operational costs while ensuring important and time-sensitive text alerts are delivered to customers wherever they are.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Assumptions
- 7 Related Documentation
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Consumers want businesses to send them proactive notifications when that information is personalized, timely, and relevant. The text messaging channel is an efficient, quick way to notify customers of appointment reminders, delivery notifications, fraud alerts, coupons, loyalty program information, surveys and much more. Many companies struggle with adding the SMS channel to their outbound notification strategy for marketing, care, or collections. This use case describes the ability to configure and execute outbound SMS campaigns based on customer-provided contact lists.
Use Case Benefits*
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Conversion Rates||Conversion rates, close rates, cross-sells and up-sell rates will improve through the ability to automatically generate outbound calls and empowering agents with single searchable desktop application that shows customer context.|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Reduce agent-assisted outbound calls by automatically sending communications through SMS.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improve NPS by proactively notifying customers through SMS.|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Decrease inbound interactions by proactively sending communications through SMS.|
This use case enables companies to proactively send customers notifications using SMS for marketing, care, or collections. The company can use its marketing, CRM, or collections system to generate contact lists based on a one-time event, recurring events, or trigger-based events. The lists include the appropriate contact details, such as contact name, mobile phone number, and contact reason. Delivery results are recorded in the system to feed into reports.
Outbound SMS notification examples include:
|Retail||Insurance||Collection Agencies||Travel and Hospitality|
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the main flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- An Admin (or Genesys PS) configures the campaign and interaction strategy in the Genesys System. The organization prepares a contact list for the campaign.
- The campaign begins contacting consumers based on the campaign strategy set in the previous step.
- The Genesys system checks each contact/record against the Do Not Call list to filter out consumers who should not be contacted.
- 3a. All records flagged with DNC are not sent.
- 3b. Genesys compiles the SMS text from a template using fields provided with the contact list for personalization. Best practice recommends adhering to character limits, though the Genesys aggregation platform supports concatenation for messages exceeding in-country limits (for example, the maximum size in the U.S. is 160 characters).
- 3c. Genesys system updates contact/record result, which is recorded in the contact list.
- 3d. The customer receives the message.
Business and Distribution Logic
The customer is responsible for the preparation and loading of calling lists into the outbound solution via Genesys Administrator. The design, development, and usage of any custom method for uploading calling lists into the outbound solution (via API, for example) is the responsibility of the customer.
One campaign is configured within the system. Customer Admin or Genesys PS can configure campaign settings such as start/stop timing and interaction design.
Text Message Content Template
One template is used for compiling the SMS message. The wording of the SMS message can be personalized using calling list data.
User Interface & Reporting
Customer Interface Requirements
Agent Desktop Requirements
Pulse, a Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) plug-in application, shows the campaign event, but SMS statistics do not populate.
Reporting for SMS can only be viewed through the calling list. The call_result field is populated with the value "answer", which represents the SMS being sent. There are no additional call_result values to represent an SMS being delivered or not delivered.
Similar to real-time reporting, the calling list can be exported to show the SMS records sent. There are no additional call_result values to represent an SMS being delivered or not delivered.
Reporting is very limited and it is not available in GI2 and GCXI.
- Customer will provide Genesys with the contact list from their own CRM, marketing, or collections database.
- Compliance is handled by the customer: the customer has a plan for securing express consent from customers (when required) before sending SMS messages, maintains an auditable list, and honors opt-out requests. The contact lists loaded into Genesys contain only customers to whom an SMS message can be sent according to local compliance rules.
- The outbound solution can be configured based on the customer's understanding and direction of compliance with local outbound calling regulations at the site of the installation. The customer is responsible for compliance with laws and regulations with respect to outbound calling and automatic dialing. It is recommended that the customer's legal department confirm that the organization is in full compliance with these regulations.
- SMS message content supports a single language only (Latin-based, no double-byte characters).
- The sender number (dedicated short code, long code, alpha sender ID, or text-enabled toll-free number) is provisioned on the Genesys system. Genesys can provision this for the customer for a fee.
- MMS is not included in the scope of this use case.
- SMS throughput is limited to 1 message per second per server when dealing with long-codes.
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- Any real-time or historical reports beyond the standard reports listed in the document are considered additional work.
- Chained records are not supported.
- Genesys Infomart and Interactive Insights are used for historical reporting.
- Opt Out/Opt In is not part of the use case, but is a regulatory requirement to be handled by the customer.
- Pulse is used for real-time reporting.
- The customer is responsible for the preparation and loading of contact lists as described in the Business Logic section.
- The default SMS gateway for sending/receiving SMS messages is the Genesys SMS Aggregation Service. Integration with a third-party SMS aggregation service is a custom implementation for which the customer is responsible.
- v 1.2.5