Platform / Configuration Server and GWS settings for Designer
Learn about the Configuration Server objects and settings required for Designer.
Create roles for Designer
Designer uses roles and access groups to determine permissions associated with the logged-in user. To enable this, you must make these changes in GAX or CME.
Designer supports a number of bundled roles suitable for various levels of users.
- Designer Developer - Most users fall into this category. These users can create Designer applications, upload audio, and create business controls. They have full access to Designer Analytics.
- Designer Business User - These users cannot create objects but they can manage them (for example, upload audio, change data tables, and view analytics).
- Designer Analytics - These users only have access to Designer Analytics.
- Designer Admin - These users can set up and manage partitions associated with users and Designer objects.
- Designer Operations - Users with this role have full access to all aspects of the Designer workspace. This includes the Operations menu (normally hidden), where they can perform advanced operational and maintenance tasks.
To create these roles, import the .conf files included in the Designer Deployment package. They are located in the packages/roles/ folder.
In addition, ensure the following for user accounts that need access to Designer:
- The user must have read permissions on its own Person object.
- Users must be associated with one or more roles via access groups.
- The on-Premises user must have at least read access on the user, access group(s), and roles(s).
- The access groups must have read/write permissions to the Agent Setup folders - Scripts and Transactions.
Update the DesignerEnv transaction list
Designer requires a transaction list for configuration purposes as described in other sections of this document. The DesignerEnv transaction list is automatically created in on logging onto Designer.
- Edit any values according to the descriptions provided in the Post deployment configuration settings reference table.
- Save the list.
- Ensure Designer users have at least read access to the DesignerEnv transaction list.
The platform settings listed below must be configured if the Designer application is used for voice calls.
|SIP Switch -> Voip Services -> msml service||userdata-map-format||sip-headers-encoded||Option needs to set to pass JSON data as user data in SIPS.|
|SIP Switch -> Voip Services -> msml service||userdata-map-filter||*||To allow userdata passing to MSML service.|
|SIPServer --> TServer||divert-on-ringing||false||RONA is handled by the platform.|
|agent-no-answeroverflow||""||No value, empty.|
|msml-record-support||true||To allow routed calls recording via the Media Server.|
|Switch object annex --> gts||ring-divert||1|
|ORS --> orchestration||new-session-on-reroute||false||Required for SIPS Default Routing (Default Routing handling (Voice)).|
|MCP||[vxmli] transfer.allowed||TRUE||Required for Transfer block (allows VXML Transfer in MCP).|
|MCP||[cpa] outbound.method||NATIVE||Required for Transfer block (allow CPA detection for Transfer ).|
|UCS||[cview] enabled||TRUE||Enables Customer Context Services.|
Ensure that the following steps are performed in GWS:
- Add Contact Center—Create a contact center in GWS, if it is not already created.
- Create API Client—Create new GWS client credentials, if they are not already created.
For more information, see Provision Genesys Web Services and Applications in the GWS documentation.