About Genesys Web Services and Applications
Learn about Genesys Web Services and Applications and how it works in Genesys Engage cloud private edition.
Genesys Web Services and Applications is a set of user interfaces and APIs that provide a web-based client interface to access Genesys services. The Genesys Web Services and Applications package contains a variety of microservices that you can implement in your contact center.
Genesys Web Services and Applications (GWS) is an application cluster composed of several microservices that run together. GWS runs on multiple containers that are categorized as below:
- Agent Setup (see Manage your Contact Center in Agent Setup): Controls your contact center and its resources:
- The people who run and operate it – the administrators who control the technical ins and outs, the managers who run the day-to-day operations and administrative aspects of a contact center, the supervisors who oversee agents, and the agents who communicate with customers.
- The systems and programs that make the day-to-day stuff possible – the telephony, the software, the servers, the routing and dialing strategies, and so on.
- The features and capabilities we use to meet our business needs and requirements – Caller ID capabilities, voicemail, agent transfers and conferencing, and so on.
- Data Services: These services use multiple data sources (third-party databases) that you must maintain to store GWS data.
- Platform Services: These services are used to connect to Genesys servers such as Configuration Server, Stat Server, SIP Server, and Interaction Server.
- UI Services: These services provide user interfaces Workspace Web Edition Private Edition Guide and the underlying services needed to support them, such as the Workspace Service.
- Client Application: This can be Workspace Web Edition (WWE) Agent Desktop, a custom desktop.
A reverse proxy service is used as an ingress controller. This works as an internal application load balancer.