Get started with Genesys Engage cloud
Find out how to set up and test your contact center.
Your contact center comes pre-configured with the functions and settings needed to distribute inbound calls and perform other tasks. After reviewing system requirements, you can add resources, adjust settings, and modify routing behavior as needed. Then try out your environment by staging calls and viewing reports.
Before you begin working with your environment, review system and other requirements:
Using Agent Setup, you can add resources as you need them.
Adjust your routing strategies and resources
Use Designer to adjust your routing strategies and resources, including:
Try out your environment
To try out your environment:
- From your Portal, log in to Agent Desktop with an agent account (you can create one in Agent Setup). Make sure the agent has been assigned the Skills to be targeted by your routing application. Also, make sure the agent is in possession of a phone set (corporate SIP Phone or PSTN phone, or even a personal cell phone) and that the phone number associated with this set is configured as this agent’s extension.
- Make this agent ready in Agent Desktop for Voice (this is a default state).
- Call the number associated with the test application (provided by Genesys), and navigate to the IVR Menu option intended to initiate routing to a skill target possessed by your agent.
- Your agent phone will ring.
- Accept the call on your phone set.
- Click Accept in the pop-up window if you are using a SIP Phone.
- Answer the call through your device if you are using a PSTN phone or a personal cell phone.
- Use the navigation buttons to put the call on hold, retrieve the call, transfer the call to another phone number, or simply terminate the call.
- You can also initiate an outbound call by entering the phone number in the phone input field.
- Once the call is complete, the call statistics are updated on the Dashboard.
- To check real-time reports, log into Pulse by clicking Real-Time Reporting in Portal.
- To check historical reports, log into CX Insights by clicking Historical Reporting in Portal.