Genesys Chat Routing (CE18) for PureConnect
What's the challenge?When customers can’t find the answers they need on your website, they want to speak with someone who answer their questions in real time. Online consumers prefer web chat over other channels of communication. Failure to offer a live chat option results in lost sales and lower customer experience scores.
What's the solution?With just a single click, Genesys Chat Routing provides your digital customers immediate access to live help. And because Genesys Chat uses skills-based routing, chat requests can be intelligently routed to the individual best equipped to help.
Story and Business Context
The web chat channel has become an invaluable tool in communicating with and engaging with customers to provide better service for answering questions, completing orders, general guidance on company’s product and features, and personalized customer support. With this solution, Genesys can improve handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Make better use of employee skills by routing chats to the right resource through skills-based routing|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Improved First Contact Resolution by routing interactions to an expert through skills based routing|
|Increased Revenue||Routing revenue-generating opportunities to best resources through skills based routing increases revenue|
|Reduced Handle Time||Routing chats to the right skilled agents through skills based routing reduces handle time|
A website visitor can request a chat session with an agent from the company's website on a specific topic. The request is routed to the best available agent depending on the subject and the agent skill. The agent will be provided with the visitor's context (requested subject).
Use Case Definition
The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e., the customer and the contact center agent.The following diagrams shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- The website visitor requests to chat with a live agent via the webpage.
- Genesys checks if agents are available, logged in, and (through the use of Genesys APIs) is able check the wait time to make intelligent decisions as to when to offer the chat feature to website visitors.
- If no agents are logged in, the chat is disconnected and the website visitor receives a disconnect message.
- If agents are logged in, routing takes place.
- The chat pop-up window opens.
- The website visitor gets a welcome message from the Genesys system. Welcome text varies, depending on the workgroup.
- The Genesys system searches for an available chat agent.
- If no agent is available, the chat interaction is queued (see section “Distribution Logic,” for the queuing logic) until an agent becomes available. Wait time and the option to leave a chat voicemail can be configured to send to the website visitor during wait time.
- If the website visitor ends the chat session, the business flow ends.
- If the final timeout is reached, the chat is ended and the website visitor is informed. The business flow ends.
- When the chat request is routed to an agent, the agent can either accept or ignore the chat interaction. If the agent does not accept the chat interaction, Genesys attempts to route the interaction to another agent after a specified timeout. The first agent is set to not ready (Did Not Answer).
- If the agent accepts the chat interaction, the chat session between the agent and the website visitor is established. The agent sees the full chat session and context within the desktop. The agent can use standard responses based on the workgroup for the chat interaction.
- When the chat session is finished, the agent can set a disposition code to register the outcome of the chat for reporting purposes.
- The website visitor has the ability to print a transcript of the chat session. Additionally, with the optional Interaction Recorder license, visitors can receive an email with a transcript of the chat session.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.