Genesys Voice Recording (EE07) for PureConnect
What's the challenge?
You need to reliably record calls to help agents get better, enhance the customer experience and manage risk. When recordings are not complete or available, you risk being out of compliance and lose valuable information that could be used to improve efficiency and make customers happier.
What's the solution?
Monitor quality to continuously improve performance and experiences. Be compliant. Genesys Voice Recording, natively integrated with the Genesys Customer Experience Platform, reliably records 100% of calls, makes it easy to search and access recordings, and doesn’t lose a beat with transfers - even across sites.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
Businesses need to reliably record calls to improve customer experience and employee performance, be compliant, and manage risk. Voice recording is native on the Genesys platform. It reliably records 100% of calls — even across multiple sites — and makes it easy to search and access recordings regardless of location. Through voice recording, customer service operations can analyze the quality of voice conversations, identify training needs and help to continuously improve the performance of employees. The payoff is a better customer experience.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||Eliminate the need to purchase additional hardware, software, and the associated maintenance and support services through integrated approach|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Record 100% of calls with no lost calls. Improve security by making parties aware they are being recorded|
PureConnect can provide 100% voice recording of customer conversations with agents for compliance and regulatory requirements.
Use Case Definition
The following image describes the main actors of the business flow and their goals:
- The customer calls a service number, and the call is recorded
- The supervisor needs to be able to listen to recordings
- The agent needs to be able to pause/resume recordings
- The Legal and Compliance officer needs to be able to access the system to audit and protect recordings
Business Flow Description
- Customer calls one of the service lines of the company.
- An announcement is played to the customer that the call is going to be recorded.
- The call is handled and routed to an agent following the logic of the Inbound Voice distribution strategy which is implemented for the Service Line. This can be either the use case "CE01 - Connect a voice interaction to right resource" or "CE02 - Personalized & Value Based Voice Routing". The Inbound Voice routing strategy is not within the scope of this use case.
- Genesys Interaction Recorder starts the recording.
- Agent answers the call from any desk within the site.
- The agent may (if enabled) pause/resume the recording manually via the standard configuration with Genesys CIC Client when sensitive data needs to be entered.
- Customer or Agent disconnects the call.
- Genesys Interaction Recorder stops and stores the recording.
- Supervisor searches for, retrieves and listens to a recording made by one of their agents.
- Legal and Compliance officer checks the system for compliance and retrieves recordings for legal purposes.
- Genesys Interaction Recorder archives and purges recordings according to the rules defined in the system.
Business and Distribution Logic
Details of the business flow depend on how the system is set up for your environment. This section describes the options which are available and how the initial set-up may be done for your environment by Genesys Professional Services, within the scope of this Smart use case.
Metadata are attributes that can be added to the recording to allow precisely targeted interaction search and selection for evaluation and analysis. The available attributes depend on the distribution logic implemented in your environment and are defined with you during the implementation project.
Recordings can be archived and / or purged from the system after a specified time. After recordings have been purged, they are no longer available for supervisors or compliance officers via the Genesys user interface. The corresponding retention policies are configured during the implementation of this use case. This use case includes implementation of one set of rules which are valid for all recorded calls. Archived files are not managed by GIR. It is the customer's responsibility to set up a lifecycle policy for these archives and to purge them after the lifecycle period.
Access to recordings is managed by GIR security policies, which includes roles and associated permissions as well as by the organizational hierarchy defined for the individual agents. The scope of this use case includes the default set of roles that can be provided upon request.
Pause / Resume recording
The ability for an agent to pause/resume a recording from the client application can be enabled or disabled based on customer requirements.
User Interface & Reporting
The agent has the optional capability in the client app to pause/resume a recording when confidential information is passed via the call.
The supervisor has the ability to monitor active calls which are being recorded.
As a compliance use-case, it is not relevant how many calls per service/business line/customer segment are recorded. The assumption is that 100% of calls are recorded.In addition to the historical reporting, Genesys Interaction Recorder provides audit logs for recording access. These audit logs contain the following information:
- Who accessed a recording
- Which recording
- Playback requests
- Interaction Type
- Wrap-up Code
- All attached attributes, when archived
- Archive logs
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- The Record Interactions – Base package supports 100% voice recording.
- Media Servers are sized appropriately based on PureConnect sizing calculator.
- Remote Content Servers are used as required by system load.
- The following activities are out of scope:
- Configuration of Network at its final state: SBC, Media Gateways, VLANs, Firewalls, NAT, Trunking services, etc.
- Configuration of External Storage system (e.g. SAN / NAS)
- Set up of retention policy for archived files
- Installation of the standard out of the box CIC Clients
- Customization of other desktop application to enable Snippet Recording
- Provisioning of recordings from other vendors
- Customer will follow standard PureConnect Cloud network topology
- Customer will open all necessary ports
- PureConnect Cloud based storage sized appropriately (RCM customers) as required by system load
- Version v 1.0.1 last updated February 26, 2021