Genesys Chat Routing (CE18) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?
When customers can’t find the answers they need on your website, they want to speak with someone who answer their questions in real time. Online consumers prefer web chat over other channels of communication. Failure to offer a live chat option results in lost sales and lower customer experience scores.
What's the solution?
With just a single click, Genesys Chat Routing provides your digital customers immediate access to live help. And because Genesys Chat uses skills-based routing, chat requests can be intelligently routed to the individual best equipped to help.
- 1 What's the challenge?
- 2 What's the solution?
- 3 Use Case Overview
- 4 Use Case Definition
- 5 User Interface & Reporting
- 6 Customer-facing Considerations
- 7 Related Documentation
Use Case Overview
Story and Business Context
The web chat channel is an invaluable tool for communicating and engaging with customers to provide better service for answering questions, completing orders, general guidance on company’s product and features, and personalized customer support. With this solution, Genesys improves handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction.
Use Case Benefits*
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry, lines of business or Genesys product line:
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Utilization||Agents can handle multiple chat sessions simultaneously and blend chat with other channels to increase their occupancy.|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Improved First Contact Resolution by routing interactions to an expert through skills based routing|
|Increased Revenue||Timely and convenient access to chat helps customers complete orders, reducing abandoned transactions and increasing revenue.|
|Reduced Handle Time||Routing chats to the right skilled agents through skills-based routing reduces handle time.|
The customer can request a chat session with an agent from the company's website on a specific topic. The request is routed to the best available agent, depending on the subject and the agent skill. The agent is provided with the customer context (requested subject).
Use Case Definition
This flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors. For example, the customer and the contact center agent. The diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- The customer requests to chat with a live agent via the webpage.
- The chat pop-up window opens for the customer.
- Based on chat configuration, the customer receives a welcome message from Genesys.
- Genesys searches for an available chat agent.
- If no agent is available, the chat interaction is queued until an agent becomes available.
- If the customer ends the chat session, the business flow ends.
- When an agent becomes available, the chat request is routed to an agent.
- The agent either accepts or ignores the chat interaction. If the agent does not accept the chat interaction, after a specified timeout Genesys attempts to route it to another agent (Step 4) and sets the first agent to Not Responding.
- If the agent accepts the chat interaction, the chat session between the agent and the customer is established. The agent can use standard responses based on libraries that are available to them for the chat interaction with the customer.
- When the chat session ends, the agent can set a disposition, or wrap-up, code to register the outcome of the chat for reporting purposes.
Business and Distribution Logic
Business logic and rules determine the distribution of chat requests and the standard responses agents can use. Distribution depends on a combination of agent skill and availability.
The chat widget includes several settings. For more information on each option, see Web chat in the Genesys Cloud Developer Center.
In the response library window, the UI displays responses to the agent. The agent can search for responses using keywords. Standard responses are generated by the customer for specific scenarios or steps of the chat flow.
Operational hours should be configured on the customer’s webpage. The chat initiation functionality should not appear to a customer outside business hours.
The following lists additional functionality for the distribution logic:
- At every step, the distribution logic looks for agents with a) the requested skill and b) a skill level within the boundaries of maximum and minimum required skill levels.
- Reroute on no answer functionality: If an agent does not accept the chat interaction, after a timeout the chat interaction automatically returns to ACD. The agent is set to Not Responding
- Blending with other media types is possible. Priority settings for chat interactions are configurable to enable proper priority ranges between different interactions and media types. Utilization rules are configured at the system level to define which interactions, if any, can be handled in parallel.
User Interface & Reporting
There is no applicable content for this section.
Genesys Cloud standard Analytics Views and Reports can report on "Chat." The following views are available for Web Chat:
- Interactions --> Detailed view of what happened to a conversation
- Queue Activity --> Real-time view of activity that is currently happening in queue
- Queue Performance --> Historical Performance Data based on Queue and other key data elements (skill, language, etc.)
- Agent Performance --> Historical Agent Performance data
- Skill Performance --> Historical Skills Performance data
These views can also show data specific by "Chat." Besides the various available views, Genesys Cloud also comes with a set of canned responses.
See Real Time Reporting.
All required, alternate, and optional use cases are listed here, as well as any exceptions.
|All of the following required:||At least one of the following required:||Optional||Exceptions|
- Genesys customers handle the integration of the solution into their website.
- Customers are responsible for creating their own automated responses within Admin.
- Version V 1.0.1 last updated January 29, 2021