Genesys Email Routing (CE16) for PureConnect
What's the challenge?When customers take the time to send an email, they expect a quick, personalized response. But as the volume of email interactions increases, you struggle to provide timely and helpful responses. Trust in email as a reliable communication channel is declining among your customers and employees.
What's the solution?Automatically distribute emails to the best-fit agent based on content analysis and keywords. Genesys Email Routing streamlines your response process using email automation functionality that enables you to monitor, measure, and optimize your email flow to create a better customer experience.
Story and Business Context
Email is still one of the most reliable and desired ways for customers to interact with companies for support. It is an essential avenue for companies to serve and engage with customers while providing a consistent and positive customer experience. Genesys can improve handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction by automatically distributing emails to the best available agent based on content analysis and keywords, and automating acknowledgements and responses.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Blending email with voice and chat allows agents to make better use of downtime between calls and chats to improve employee occupancy.|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Reduce email transfers to increase first contact resolution through skills-based email routing|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Address customers' requests in a timely manner to lead to better NPS when emails route to the right resource through skills-based routing|
|Increased Revenue||Route emails to the right resource and provide improved resolution of business outcomes|
|Reduced Handle Time||Enable fast responses with standard response libraries|
A customer sends an email to a company email address. The email is captured by the Genesys system and a content analysis is performed. It is then queued to the best available agent with the corresponding skill set. Priority tuning functionality can improve the service level adherence to customer's emails. The reporting functionality of this use case provides management visibility into the email interaction channel to drive further improvements. The use case includes the optional enhancement for Genesys Engage to use Natural Language Processing to identify the email category. This requires additional licenses and services efforts. For PureConnect, keyword searching is available to choose an appropriate workgroup for routing.
Use Case Definition
The following diagrams show the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e., the user and contact center agent.
- A customer sends an email to one of the public addresses (e.g., email@example.com) monitored by the Genesys email solution.
- Genesys periodically checks corporate inboxes for new emails. Genesys analyzes the email to capture From, To, Subject, and body content as metadata.
- Conversation tracking option: Genesys verifies whether the corresponding user already exists as a contact within the Tracker system (by email address). Tracker is an additional, licensable product. The email and any agent responses are attached to the contact.
- The system checks whether the email is new or a reply.
- In case of a new email, the system classifies the email based on keyword analysis (see the Keyword Categorization section).
- In case of a reply email from the customer, the system attempts to route it to the previous workgroup (see details in the Distribution Logic section). After a timeout, the system routes the email to the originally specified workgroup.
- In case of an automatically generated reply email, the email will not be distributed to an agent and the flow will stop.
- The system sends out a receipt acknowledgement email to the customer with a predefined template for the To address.
- Once an agent with the requested skill is available, the email is routed to the agent's desktop with a screen pop from the email editor displaying the content.
- Once the agent reads the email, he or she decides whether a reply is needed.
- If no reply is needed, the agent marks the email as done.
- If a reply is needed, the agent creates an outbound reply email, potentially using a standard response template.
- The agent sets a disposition code to mark the business outcome for reporting purposes.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.