Genesys Personalized Routing (CE02) for PureConnect
What's the challenge?When your customers call, they expect you to know who they are. If they are connected to employees who don’t have any information about them or their previous interactions — resulting in unnecessary repetition, effort and time — your customer experience scores suffer.
What's the solution?Create an effortless experience by recognizing a repeat customer and prioritizing a connection to the same agent who previously served them. Offer expected wait times and the convenience of self-service or a call back. Genesys Personalized Routing uses context-based routing to direct calls to the best resource.
Story and Business Context
Callers expect a company to know who they are. Customer experience scores suffer when callers are connected to agents who don’t have any information about them or their previous interactions — resulting in unnecessary repetition, effort and time.
This use case connects callers with the best-fit agent based on choices within the IVR, the type of request, and customer context. Routing parameters are configurable and flexible enough to achieve a variety of desired business outcomes.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improve routing to the best available agent through automated routing with context.|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Route voice calls to the right skilled agents results in increased first contact resolution.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Offer better customer experience through routing to the most qualified agents based on the customer's context or through the ability to use virtualized agent pools to maximize agent resources across the entire enterprise.|
|Increased Revenue||Route the right voice interactions to the most qualified skilled agent with better context.|
|Reduced Handle Time||Use enhanced context to reduce handle time.|
|Reduced Transfers||Improve routing of voice calls through personalized context routing.|
A call is qualified within the IVR. The customer is identified and authenticated, if needed, within the IVR menu (not part of this use case). Based on the caller's choices within the IVR, the caller is routed to the best agent able to serve the request, which can potentially lead to additional services (for example, to realize up-sell potential). The logic of this use case is business rules driven and therefore flexible to changing needs and business environments.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- Caller is transitioned from CE01.
- The caller is routed to an IVR application that attempts to determine the caller's identity and service request. If explicit identification and verification are needed, CE07 provides this functionality.
- If the call is outside of office hours or if an emergency situation is in progress, an announcement is played. The caller may then be reconnected or diverted to another number inside or outside of Genesys. If the call is within office hours, a greeting announcement is played.
- Genesys retrieves context data about the caller based on identification.
- If the contact center is open, the routing parameters for this call are set based on the type of request and the customer context. This enables flexible and personalized call handling.
- Prompts may be played based upon customer context (optional)
- The expected wait time (EWT) is calculated and announced to the caller (optional). If the EWT reaches a specific threshold, an announcement is played and the caller is disconnected or routed to another number inside or outside of Genesys (optional).
- Hold music or additional announcements are played to the customer
- The call is distributed to the best agent who:
- Has the base skill(s) to handle the original request.
- Has the supplementary skill(s) determined by the context (optional).
- Examples: Skills to up-sell a defined product, provide service to the customer, or specific empathy skills based on the customer segment or demographic
- After the conversation with the caller, the agent records the outcome of the call for reporting purposes, if they have acted on the presented lead.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.