Observability in Genesys Voice Platform
Learn about the logs, metrics, and alerts you should monitor for Genesys Voice Platform.
Private edition services expose metrics that can be scraped by Prometheus, to support monitoring operations and alerting.
- As described on Monitoring overview and approach, you can use a tool like Grafana to create dashboards that query the Prometheus metrics to visualize operational status.
- As described on Customizing Alertmanager configuration, you can configure Alertmanager to send notifications to notification providers such as PagerDuty, to notify you when an alert is triggered because a metric has exceeded a defined threshold.
The services expose a number of Genesys-defined and third-party metrics. The metrics that are defined in third-party software used by private edition services are available for you to use as long as the third-party provider still supports them. For descriptions of available Genesys Voice Platform metrics, see:
- Voice Platform Configuration Server metrics
- Voice Platform Media Control Platform metrics
- Voice Platform Service Discovery metrics
- Voice Platform Reporting Server metrics
- Voice Platform Resource Manager metrics
See also System metrics.
|Service||CRD or annotations?||Port||Endpoint/Selector||Metrics update interval|
|Voice Platform Configuration Server||Service/Pod Monitoring Settings||Not applicable||See selector details on the Voice Platform Configuration Server metrics and alerts page|
|Voice Platform Media Control Platform||Service/Pod Monitoring Settings||9116,
|See selector details on the Voice Platform Media Control Platform metrics and alerts page|
|Voice Platform Service Discovery||Automatic||9090||See selector details on the Voice Platform Service Discovery metrics and alerts page|
|Voice Platform Reporting Server||ServiceMonitor / PodMonitor||9116||See selector details on the Voice Platform Reporting Server metrics and alerts page|
|Voice Platform Resource Manager||ServiceMonitor / PodMonitor||9116, 8200||See selector details on the Voice Platform Resource Manager metrics and alerts page|
The metrics that are exposed by Genesys Voice Platform services are available by default. No further configuration is required in order to define or expose these metrics. You cannot define your own custom metrics.
Private edition services define a number of alerts based on Prometheus metrics thresholds.
For descriptions of available Genesys Voice Platform alerts, see:
- Voice Platform Configuration Server alerts
- Voice Platform Media Control Platform alerts
- Voice Platform Service Discovery alerts
- Voice Platform Reporting Server alerts
- Voice Platform Resource Manager alerts
Private edition services define a number of alerts by default (for Genesys Voice Platform, see the pages linked to above). No further configuration is required.
The alerts are defined as PrometheusRule objects in a prometheus-rule.yaml file in the Helm charts. As described above, Genesys Voice Platform does not support customizing the alerts or defining additional PrometheusRule objects to create alerts based on the service-provided metrics.