Migrating to Gplus Adapter (v9)
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Gplus Adapter for Salesforce Administrator's Guide for version Current of Gplus Adapter for Salesforce.
Follow this procedure to migrate your existing Gplus Adapter 8.5 to Gplus Adapter 9.0 for Salesforce.
ImportantYou can run Gplus Adapter 8.5 and 9.0 in parallel during the migration testing phase.
ImportantEnsure that Agent Workspace release 9 has been enabled in your environment by confirming that the Agent Workspace 9 application icon is displayed in your Genesys Portal
Genesys recommends that you complete steps 1 and 2 in your Salesforce test environment first.
- Migrate from Gplus Adapter 8.5 to 9.0:
- In a Salesforce Lightning environment, follow the steps in Integrating Gplus Adapter in Salesforce Lightning to download the lightning-callcenter.xml file, import into the Salesforce Call Centers configuration, and modify the imported Salesforce Call Center.
- In a Salesforce Classic environment, follow the Migration steps in Integrating Gplus Adapter in Salesforce Classic.
- (Optional) Migrate 8.5 configuration option settings to 9.0.
- Gplus Adapter 9.0 provides single sign-on (SSO) enabled options. If you are migrating Gplus Adapter 8.5 with SSO enabled, or are planning to start using SSO with Gplus Adapter 9.0, refer to Configuring SSO.
- Add users to the new Salesforce Call Center you just imported and modified. See Adding users to Call Center for more detailed steps for Salesforce Lightning or here for Salesforce Classic. Tip: For testing purposes, you can either add a new test user or remove an existing user from the Salesforce Call Center with Gplus 8.5 and add them to the Salesforce Call Center with Gplus 9.0.
- Test the Gplus Adapter 9.0 functionalities with the new Salesforce Call Center configuration.
- If you're ready to migrate to the Salesforce production environment, follow the steps below:
- Repeat step 1a or step 1b for the production Salesforce Call Center.
- Remove users from the Salesforce Call Center with Gplus 8.5 and add them to the Salesforce Call Center with Gplus 9.0.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!