A bot is a virtual agent that can serve as a starting point for conversations before live agents join the conversation.
The Bots section on the home page displays a list of bots that are available for your organisation.
With a bot, you can do the following activities:
- Create intents, utterances, and slots.
- Add prompts to be displayed by the bot in a conversation.
- Add confirmation questions that will be sent by the bot to confirm that it has understood the user’s intent.
Add a bot
- Click Create a new Bot from the home page (the first page displayed after you log in).
- Enter a name for the bot.
- (Optional) Enter a greeting or welcome message that the bot will use to greet users.
- Click Create to create the bot.
Delete a bot
- From the home page, click the Delete button that is displayed when you hover over a bot tile.WarningWhen a bot is deleted, all of its related components (intents, utterances, and slots) are deleted.
Import or export a bot
You can import an existing bot model (all intents, utterances, and slots) into a new bot. You can also export the current bot model for reuse. The data is saved as JSON files.
To import a bot,
- Create a new bot.
- Click Import under the Import/Export dropdown.
- Select a bot model JSON file and click Open. The new bot is updated with the information from the imported bot model.
To export the current bot,
- Click Export under the Import/Export dropdown.
- Save the JSON file to your computer. The file will be saved as BotName.json.
Sample bot models
To make bots easy to build and improve speed to market, Genesys is building a repository of sample bot models for different verticals. The models will have intents, utterances, entities and prompts. You can import these bots models and customize them to suit your business needs.
The following bot model is currently available for download and customization:
- Prebuilt Banking Bot - This pre-built models a standard banking application with account information, loan application, and currency conversion features.