Genesys Email Routing (CE16) for PureCloud
What's the challenge?When customers take the time to send an email, they expect a quick, personalized response. But as the volume of email interactions increases, you struggle to provide timely and helpful responses. Trust in email as a reliable communication channel is declining among your customers and employees.
What's the solution?Automatically distribute emails to the best-fit agent based on content analysis and keywords. Genesys Email Routing streamlines your response process using email automation functionality that enables you to monitor, measure, and optimize your email flow to create a better customer experience.
Story and Business Context
Email is still one of the most reliable and desired ways for customers to interact with companies for support. It is an essential avenue for companies to serve and engage with customers while providing a consistent and positive customer experience. Genesys can improve handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization, and customer satisfaction by automatically distributing emails to the best available agent based on content analysis and keywords, systemizing automatic acknowledgement, and automating responses.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Blending email with voice and chat allows agents to make better use of downtime between calls and chats to improve employee utilization.|
|Improved Insights and Visibility||Consolidated reporting and analytics across multiple channels provides better information for management and planning.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Faster turnaround of emails improves the customer experience.|
|Reduced Handle Time||Standard response libraries improve consistency and reduce the time taken to compose responses to email enquiries. Automatic linking of emails to previous correspondence reduces familiarization and handling time for agents.|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Skills-based routing based on key words in email content reduce the need for transfers or double-handling of email.|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Automatic acknowledgements set customer expectations and reduce the volume of follow-up emails.|
A customer sends an e-mail to a company e-mail address. PureCloud receives the email and triggers an inbound email flow. The inbound email's flow can automatically reply to the customer to set expectations, or the flow can search basic keywords determine the correct routing. PureCloud routes the email to the queue that corresponds to the email's "to" address and the matching keywords. The email will then be distributed to the best available agent based upon the required skills. When an agent receives the email, the agent sends an e-mail reply to the customer. PureCloud tracks subsequent replies from the customer as part of the same conversation, assuming they come within a few days. In this way, PureCloud routes the replies to the same agent.
Organizations can configure ACD so that phone conversations can interrupt email conversations. This approach allow agents to maintain and hit service levels goals for voice while working on email during slower periods.
Organizations can also optionally enhance PureCloud so that a supervisor or quality evaluator can review outgoing e-mails from agents. This enhancement provides management visibility into the e-mail interaction channel and enables further process improvements.
Use Case Definition
This flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors. For example, the customer and the contact center agent.
Business Flow Description
- A customer sends an email to the email address in a registered domain (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) that is configured in the Genesys PureCloud solution.
- Emails are delivered to PureCloud via forwarding to a predefined email address, or via direct DNS routing with configured MX records.
- PureCloud captures the new email and identifies “From,” “To,” "Reply-To," “Subject,” and "Body" as meta data.
- PureCloud determines whether the email is a new email or a reply email.
- If it is a a new email, the system starts a new inbound email flow.
- If it is a reply email from a customer, the PureCloud attempts to route the email to the agent who previously assisted the customer, if available. If that agent is not available, PureCloud starts the inbound email flow.
- Optional: The system sends a receipt acknowledgement email to the customer with a predefined template for the “To” address.
- PureCloud determines the requested skills and transfers the conversation to a queue that can provide those skills.
- When an agent with the requested skills is available, PureCloud routes the email to the appropriate agent. The agent's interface displays all relevant information about the email.
- When the agent reads the email, the agent decides if a reply is needed.
- If a reply is needed, the agent creates an outbound reply email. The agent can optionally use a standard response template.
- If not, the agent marks the e-mail as done.
- The agent sets a wrap-up code to mark the business outcome for reporting purposes.
- Optional: A supervisor reviews the email.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.