Genesys Business Communications (OP01) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?Companies are tired of dealing with the complex maze of separate communications solutions that require
more resources to deploy and maintain, increase cost of ownership, and leave the business without a good way of collaborating across teams. Customers and employees are too important to just maintain the statusquo.
What's the solution?Consolidate multiple systems to a single, reliable platform for both contact center and business users. With a unified platform, enterprises can seamlessly connect with customers, partners and teams anywhere. Enjoy fast deployment, simplified administration, improved efficiency and reduced total cost of ownership.
Story and Business Context
Companies want to reduce complexity, simplify administration, improve efficiency, and reduce total cost of ownership. They need a single platform that empowers both contact center and business users. The combination of customer experience management and business communications gives customers a unified all-in-one solution.
Companies no longer want to deal with multiple cobbled-together communications solutions. These solutions require more resources to deploy and maintain, increase cost of ownership, and leave the business constantly context-switching without a good way to collaborate across teams and business units. Customers and employees are too important to just maintain the status quo.
With a unified platform, enterprises smartly connect departments, workgroups, contact centers, branch offices, and remote and mobile workers. The unified platform combines a contact center solution with traditional business telephony functionality, speech-enabled auto-attendant, and real-time collaboration features. For example, video conference, screen share, dynamic team chat, presence management, corporate directory, and document management.
In keeping with multi-modality requirements, companies must equip their employees, especially sales force and field organizations, with mobility-based applications that give them the same functionality as their in-office counterparts. This functionality includes a company-wide directory with real-time presence and geolocation indicators, call controls and voicemail, find-me/follow-me, video and voice conferencing, ad hoc call recording, and unified messaging. Employees must also have access to contacts and communications from anywhere, on any device—including native mobile applications. Selecting a unified platform that supports traditional and digital communication capabilities can bridge the gap between the contact center and the rest of the business, and become a competitive advantage.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Reduced Administration Costs||A single, all-in-one platform approach enables you to better control communications while reducing costs. The Genesys Cloud solution centralizes omnichannel processing, system configuration, administration, and reporting, while also consolidating multiple vendors to one. Wizard-driven DIY administration eases time and effort to set up and manage.|
|Reduced Deployment Costs||The cloud platform provides fast deployment and provisioning through the ability to auto-sync users from your HR record system, and cost-saving WebRTC softphones vs. expensive hardphones. Continuous deployment enables fixes and features to be rapidly and automatically delivered—without a heavy upgrade process or downtime. A scalable cloud architecture enables simple, straightforward, and cost-effective pricing. Instantly deploy new users as needed, when needed – wherever they’re located. The reliable, integrated application suite eliminates unstable voice processing cards and all the points of potential failure that come with multi-system configurations.|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||The platform provides cost-effective omnichannel customer service calls, email, chats, text, and social media to handle all types of communications quickly and consistently. The streamlined real-time monitoring and end-to-end reporting capabilities make it easy to ensure service quality across channels. Applications for outbound campaigns and workforce management complete the solution. The platform supports open interoperability and eliminates vendor lock-in to proprietary hardware. Customers can take advantage of the platform to openly integrate with third-party cloud or premises PBX – or just use the built-in features. The platform also integrates easily to databases, web services, messaging platforms, business apps, CRM and ERP packages, and SIP devices, including gateways, telephones, and headsets. Desk phones are no longer necessary. Users are able to break free of location and hardware restraints and reduce business communications costs with a simple softphone. Users can make and take calls with just a browser and the Internet.|
This use case offers basic PBX functionality, together with rich collaboration features. Features include:
- IP PBX call processing
- Desktop phone features
- WebRTC softphone
- Real-time presence management
- On-demand call recording
- Voice and video conferencing
- Screen- and file-share
- Corporate and workgroup directories
- Instant messaging
- Voicemail and unified messaging
- Document management
- Multilingual support
This complete functionality is built into the Genesys Cloud Communicate license, available as low as $19.99 per user per month (with annual prepay). Genesys Cloud Communicate complements the contact center sales: lead with contact center and evaluate back office opportunity for business users.
Use Case Definition
(1) Inbound PBX Call or Call to a Business User
Business Flow Description Call options provided
- The call routes to a business user via Direct Inward Dial (DID) See flow at bottom for Company Directory example.
- The business user uses the client to pick up the call.
- If the business user has find-me/follow-me configured, the call routes to the configured forward number.
- If the business user does not pick up either at the desktop client or at the find-me/follow-me number, the call goes to voicemail.
- Unified communications provides notification of pending voicemail.
ACD user connects to Business user via chat
- The ACD user searches Directory to find a SME (based on name, department, title or skills).
- The ACD user reaches out to the back office SME via chat tool.
ACD user connects to Business user via video
- The ACD user searches Directory to find a SME (based on name,department, title or skills).
- The ACD user initiates an internal video and receive product training via screen share tool.
ACD user connects to Business user via mobile application
- The ACD user can still reach Business users in the field via mobile device.
The Company Directory feature allows customers to call an IVR and say the name of the Genesys Cloud user they want to reach.
- Customer contacts a Genesys Cloud user that does not have a DID (or they do not know the DID).
- Customer calls the main IVR # and says the name of the Genesys Cloud user they want to reach.
- The system automatically connects the caller to the Genesys Cloud user.
Business Flow Description ACD user connects to PBX user
1. The ACD agent reaches out to a subject matter expert in the enterprise.
2. The ACD user sees the status of the subject matter expert in the client.
3. The ACD user performs a warm-transfer to the subject matter expert.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.