Genesys Voicebots (CE41) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?When your customers call in to self-service or need an agent, they want to get off the phone as soon as possible. Traditional IVRs confuse, frustrate and are simply unfriendly to use. This causes frustration and leads to longer agent interactions.
What's the solution?Deliver a great experience and increase your operational efficiency by using the ease of use of a voice bot that leverages natural language processing.
Story and Business Context
Natural Language Understanding (NLU) allows customers to speak in their natural language without having to repeat specific keywords that may or may not align with the customer's intent. With the evolving functionality of artificial intelligence tools such as Alexa, Siri, and the like, customer begin to see these types of interactions as the norm. Contact centers are a natural progression into this world of virtual assistants.
When a customer can speak naturally, the company can better understand the intent of a customer and then more quickly route the call to a highly skilled agent. Voicebot integration within Genesys Cloud enables customers to utilize NLU within inbound synchronous customer interaction flows.
Voicebots can alleviate strain on contact center employees while improving the customer experience and controlling costs. Voicebots are always on and available, and can be handed over to an agent at any time needed. While Voicebots can also be used by employees and for business optimization purposes, the remainder of this document refers to omnichannel bots in the context of customer engagement. The primary benefits of bots are to increase self-service success, deflect interactions from the contact center, and improve the customer experience. Benefits typically include:
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Use NLU to improve the identification of customer intent to serve the customer best. Tailor the customer experience to the individual based on who they are, why they could be interacting, and the status of the contact center.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Reduce the time required to address the customer request, handle off-hour contacts, offer immediate options, and improve outcomes.|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Increase self-service interactions to reduce agent-assisted interactions for repetitive or common requests.|
Genesys supports a “design once, deploy anywhere” concept for bots to enable organizations to provide a seamless customer experience across voice and digital channels. This use case, however, focuses on deploying a bot on voice.
During a call, the customer uses NLU to either easily get to an appropriate agent or obtain the information and assistance they need without engaging an agent.
The voicebot supports or orchestrates the following capabilities:
- Use NLU to derive intents and slots.
- Stream the customer response to the voicebot for processing. The voicebot recognizes the intent, understands its meaning, and captures key information into slots. These slots are then passed back to Genesys Cloud Architect for further processing.
- Delegate to an agent to connect the customer to a live person with the full context of the interaction.
Simple bot orchestration enables customers to use the best bot for the job. For example, Google Dialogflow has the highest alphanumeric recognition rates. Also:
- Genesys Cloud Architect makes it easy to integrate to new bot providers, switching between bot providers or using multiple bot providers within a single interaction.
- A-B testing with Genesys Cloud Architect helps determine which bot is most effective for a particular business use case.
- Graceful escalation to a live agent at the right time.
Use Case Definition
When a customer calls Genesys Cloud, a Voicebot can be initiated. The system asks the customer an open question, such as "How may I help?".
After the customer responds, the Voicebot attempts to interpret the intent of the request and then decides the next step. For example, if the customer replies, "I want to check the status of my flight," then the Voicebot prompts the user for a flight number to fill the required slot for the intent. Once, the intent is detected and all the slots are filled the call returns to the Genesys IVR for fulfillment. For example, a back-end web-service call on the flight number can be used to return the flight status which is then played back to the caller.
If the Voicebot cannot establish or understand the customer's intent, the system routes the call to an agent.
After the Voicebot task ends, the Genesys IVR asks if the customer needs any additional help. The customer can ask another question, request to speak to an adviser, or indicate that no further assistance is needed. If the customer needs no further assistance, the call ends.
If the customer chooses to speak or chat with an agent but faces a long wait-time to reach an agent, or the request.
Business Flow Description
- An inbound call interaction starts.
- The customer receives a standard welcome message from the system.
- The system asks an open-ended question. For example “How may I help you?” to determine intent and capture the customer's response. One intent is always "I want to speak to an agent." (BL1)
- The customer response routes to the voicebot. The voicebot converses with the customer to determine intent. The voicebot prompts the customer, as needed, to determine intent and collect all required slots. If intent is recognized and slots are returned, the conversation moves to the correct point in the flow. Otherwise, after a configured number of retries, return a failure message. (BL2, BL1, BL3)
- If the flow steers to fulfillment for the intent, then the system uses the slot information returned from the voicebot to complete fulfillment for the intent.
- After the task ends, the system asks if the customer needs further assistance. The voicebot can be called on again. The greeting for the second and subsequent invocations can be customized.
- If the customer replies that they require no further assistance, the system presents a good-bye message and ends the call.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.