Genesys Voice Payment (CE08) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?Customers expect convenience and demand data security. They want the option of phone payment with the assurance of cardholder protection. If you don't accept card transactions by phone, you lose money. And if you don't exceed data security standards, you put your customers — and your business — at risk.
What's the solution?Ensure secure interactions with a PCI-compliant solution that protects credit card data submitted to your automated IVR system or to an agent. Protect against fraud and preserve trust while still providing a flexible customer experience.
Story and Business Context
This functional use case enables companies to use Payment Capture capabilities to provide PCI PA-DSS certified payments out-of-the-box (PCI PA-DSS = Payment Card Industry - Payment Application Data Security Standard). Dynamic treatment is applied so that only relevant questions for the card are asked. The use case can be deployed in fully automated or agent-initiated mode.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Improve the accuracy and efficiency of payments by phone.|
|Increased Revenue||Improve revenue collection through speed to market and established best practice.|
|Reduced Penalties and Fines||Reduce fraud-related penalties (by using PA-DSS certified application) and exposure to PCI compliance issues due to manual handling of credit card payments|
Allows companies to add a PA-DSS certified payment capture IVR application to a call flow to capture payments quickly. The payment capture IVR application integrates with a third-party payment provider to complete the payment. The payment capture IVR application includes automatic card type detection. It also applies appropriate rules for collection and validation of the card data. Payments can be agent-assisted or fully automated.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- A customer is transferred to the payment capture IVR application. This transfer can occur either from another IVR application (outside of the scope of this use case) or by an agent who initiates a secure payment transfer. When an agent transfers a customer to the secure payment capture IVR application, the agent is temporarily removed from the call and is unable to listen to the conversation. In Genesys Cloud, the agent remains reserved to resume the call after the payment processing is completed.
- Genesys Cloud checks whether the customer has been identified. If not, Genesys Cloud routes the customer to a separate application for identification and verification. This functionality is covered by a separate use case, Genesys Customer Authentication (CE07) for Genesys Cloud.
- If identification and verification succeeds, the customer moves to the next step. If not:
- If the payment attempt is fully automated, the customer is transferred to a queue with context for manual processing by an agent.
- If the payment attempt is agent-assisted, the caller is transferred back to the agent and the customer and agent continue their conversation.
- Genesys Cloud prompts the caller with the payment amount. This amount could be any of the following:
- Retrieved by the IVR via a data dip (outside of the scope of this used case)
- Based on what an agent has entered before initiating the payment capture IVR application
- Entered by the caller. If this is the case, Genesys Cloud enables the customer to enter a payment amount. (If the payment attempt is agent assisted, only DTMF input is permitted). The system checks if the entered amount is within allowed values before proceeding. The system can also allow the caller to choose to pay the full amount retrieved from the IVR or the agent.
- The customer enters their card number.
- Genesys Cloud checks via the integration whether the card number is valid and what type of card it is. Depending on the type of card, the customer is requested to provide further details (such as expiration date and/or CVV code).
- After every field entry (for example, card number, expiration date, and CVV code), the entry is read back and the customer confirms or re-enters the entry.
- Genesys Cloud accesses the payment gateway or CRM to process the payment. This will either be rejected or successful.
- If rejected, the customer can re-enter their card details until the maximum number of rejections is met, at which point:
- If the payment attempt is fully automated, Genesys Cloud transfers the customer to a queue with context for manual processing.
- If the payment attempt is agent-assisted, Genesys Cloud transfers the caller back to the agent, and the customer and agent continue their conversation.
- If the payment is successful, Genesys Cloud plays an appropriate announcement to the customer and at this point, dynamic information, such as a transaction reference or order number, can also be played.
- If the payment attempt is fully automated, the call continues in the IVR application. If the payment attempt is agent-assisted, the caller can be transferred back to the original agent (optionally). The result of the payment is attached to the call for further processing.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.