Genesys Call Routing (CE01) for Genesys Cloud
What's the challenge?When your customers or sales leads call, they want to speak with someone who can fulfill their needs quickly. If they encounter excessive wait times or do not connect to the best representative in real time, they encounter unnecessary transfers, hold time, and repetition. This experience can result in customer frustration or loss of a potential sale.
What's the solution?Create a unified virtual contact center by connecting customers to the representative with the best fit. Genesys call routing uses skills-based routing to direct calls to the resource best equipped to help, whether in your contact center, back office, a branch office, an outsourcer, or anywhere else in the world.
Story and Business Context
Organizations want to provide an exceptional customer and sales service experience by reducing transfers, hold time and repetition.
To achieve this experience, they need customizable software to fit complex rules, distributed using skills-based routing while capturing each call disposition for analysis.
When companies enable call routing within their Genesys environments, benefits can include:
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Route interactions to the best available agent through automated routing. Use a virtualized agent pool to maximize agent resources.|
|Increased Sales Conversions||The ability to route a sales call to the best skilled sales representative increases sales conversions.|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Reduce the number of transfers due to better voice call routing through Genesys routing.|
Customer wants to contact the company for a specific service or for further information around a product or offer and then calls the company. The system performs hours of operation, special day, and emergency checks, and then plays corresponding messages. The customer selects an option from a menu (prompt and collect) that maps to an agent skill expression. If no agents are available, the target expands to include an additional agent skill or skill-level before routing to an optional overflow number.
After the initial implementation, customers can enhance the service with more Genesys routing capabilities.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- The caller initiates an inbound voice call to the contact center.
- The system checks if the day is configured as a special day. In this case a special day announcement is played, and the call is disconnected.
- The system checks if the call is within the contact center's business hours. If not, an out-of-office announcement is played, and the call is disconnected.
- The system checks if an emergency announcement is activated. In this case an emergency announcement is played, and the call is disconnected.
- The system presents a menu to the customer that allows them to express why they called.
- The caller chooses a menu option using DTMF tone entered on handset. If the caller does not choose an option or chooses a non-available option, the menu will be repeated up to 2 times. If the caller still does not choose a valid menu option the call will be handled with default routing parameters.
- The call is distributed to the best-fit agent for the chosen topic based on the agent's skill and skill level (see Distribution Logic for details).
- At the end of the call the agent sets a wrap-up code (disposition) to record the call outcome for reporting purposes.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.