Genesys Employee Schedule Preferences (EE10-C) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
What's the challenge?As millennials make up more of your workforce, they want more control in their lives and want to easily self-manage their schedules. Managers want to reduce the time it takes to manage this process as long as the contact center runs efficiently.
What's the solution?Give employees the control they want. The right web application empowers employees to self-manage their schedules through business rules. Employees can request time off, submit schedule preferences, and manage exceptions — without going through a supervisor or planner.
Story and Business Context
This use case focuses on operational efficiency and employee empowerment by enabling employee shift preferences and optimizing both employee satisfaction and business operational needs. The Workforce Management schedule builder can optionally consider agent preferences for individual days when building schedules. Agents can enter preferences for shifts, days off, availability, and time off using WFM Web for Agents. Supervisors can enter agent preferences in Workforce Management Web for Supervisors and, with the appropriate security permissions, can grant or reject preferences. If a supervisor grants a preference, the calendar algorithm considers that agent’s preference when building the schedule, along with various other criteria such as seniority.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Empower employees through the ability to self-manage their preference requests against pre-determined business operational rules|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Reduce operational planning time by a decrease in effort to approve and manage preference requests|
Deliver the capability for an employee to self-manage their schedule preference requirements within the Workforce Management product, controlled through business rules.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description AGENT
- Agent logs into WFM Web Agent UI and navigates to the Preferences tab.
- Agent selects desired preferences:
- Availability Pattern
- Day Off
- Supervisor logs into the WFM Web Supervisor UI and navigates to the Schedule Scenario view.
- Supervisor invokes the Schedule Build Wizard and selects the Preference Fulfillment option for the desired site(s).
- Supervisor adjusts preference fulfillment options until the desired balance between coverage and percentage of granted preferences is met (might require multiple rebuilds).
- Supervisor publishes the master schedule.
- Granted preferences visible in WFM Web Agent Schedule view.
- Supervisor can optionally add preferences for an agent in the Calendar view.
- Optionally, Supervisors can produce the Calendar Items Report to show granted preferences.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.