Genesys Employee Schedule Preferences (EE10-B) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?As millennials make up more of your workforce, they want more control in their lives and want to easily self-manage their schedules. Managers want to reduce the time it takes to manage this process as long as the contact center runs efficiently.
What's the solution?Give employees the control they want. The right web application empowers employees to self-manage their schedules through business rules. Employees can request time off, submit schedule preferences, and manage exceptions — without going through a supervisor or planner.
Story and Business Context
This use case focuses on operational efficiency and employee empowerment through enabling employees to request and drive their own shift exceptions, optimizing both employee satisfaction and business operational needs. The use case features:
- The ability for an agent to enter an exception into the published schedule.
- Labor-saving as agents enter exceptions that would otherwise be entered by supervisors.
- Agent empowerment, allowing agents to enter items into their own schedules.
- Supervisor control, as customers can decide whether the agent-initiated exception is pushed directly to the master schedule or is if it requires supervisor approval prior to appearing in the schedule.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Eliminate the need for the planner to process these requests|
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Allow employees to have more say in their schedule|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Allow business users to specify the types of exceptions that be requested from employees|
Deliver the capability for an employee to enter exceptions (offline activities) into their schedule via the Workforce Management User Interface without the need to supervision or effort on the planner's behalf.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Base configuration complete (use case EE01, EE02, or EE26).
- In Web Agent application, user navigates to Add Exception.
- Agent selects how she wants to schedule the exception:
- Best fit/optimized
- Specific time/date
- If supervisor approval is required, the supervisor navigates to Master Schedule Changes Approval view and approves/declines the agent-initiated exception.
- Exception is visible to agents and supervisors in the master schedule.
- If the supervisor declines the request it appears as declined in the master schedule view.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.