Genesys Employee Schedule Preferences (EE10-A) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
What's the challenge?As millennials make up more of your workforce, they want more control in their lives and want to easily self-manage their schedules. Managers want to reduce the time it takes to manage this process as long as the contact center runs efficiently.
What's the solution?Give employees the control they want. The right web application empowers employees to self-manage their schedules through business rules. Employees can request time off, submit schedule preferences, and manage exceptions — without going through a supervisor or planner.
Story and Business Context
This use case focuses on operational efficiency and employee empowerment through automated time-off processing, featuring:
- Time-off balance is automatically calculated and recalculated when supervisors or agents update time-off.
- The time-off balance for each agent is automatically calculated at the beginning of every time-off year and when the date associated to a time-off rule is reached.
- Control of the number of agents on time off in the time-off limits.
- Time-off tracking to support shrinkage calculations applied to the staffing forecasts.This use case provides the following business benefits:
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Empower employees through the ability to self-manage time-off requests against predetermined business operational rules|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Reduce operational planning time by decreasing the effort of approving and managing time-off requests|
Employees can self-manage their time off, controlled through business rules.
Use Case Definition
The following diagrams show the business flow of the use case. Configuration and Supervisor flow
Business Flow Description Supervisor Flow
- Base configuration complete (Use Case EE01).
- Supervisor logs into Web Supervisor application and navigates to Calendar > Time Off Limits.
- Supervisor enters values for Time Off Limits (void = unlimited).
- Supervisor navigates to Policies > Time Off Types.
- Supervisor configures Time Off Types and associates with Schedule State Groups.
- Supervisor navigates to Policies > Time Off Rules.
- Supervisor creates Time Off Rules to calculate time-off balance (usually based on agent’s contract).
- Supervisor assigns Time Off Rules to agents with an effective start date (end date is populated automatically by the system).
- Several Time Off Rules can be assigned to each agent, mirroring their career path and possible increased entitlement.
- Agent creates new request in Web Agent application outside of published schedule dates.
- Time off is automatically granted, providing that the agent has enough hours remaining and the Time Off Limits have not been met.
- WFM Builder automatically picks up the time-off request during the schedule build for the appropriate dates.
Business Flow Description Agent Flow
- Agent creates a new request in the Web Agent application within the published schedule dates.
- Settings previously configured in WFM Application Options determine whether the time-off request is automatically processed in the published schedule.
- Time off is pushed to WFM Calendar in Preferred status, providing that the agent has enough hours remaining and the Time Off Limits have not been met.
- If auto-approval in published schedule is not enabled, supervisor navigates to WFM Calendar and filters on Time Off entries.
- Supervisor grants/declines time-off requests based on business criteria.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.