Genesys SMS Routing (CE29) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
What's the challenge?Your customer wants to contact you in the same way they would friends and family — instantly, conveniently, and personally, with freedom to keep moving. If they encounter constraints, excessive hold times, inconsistent responses or multiple calls, that can damage customer satisfaction and put a strain on your agents.
What's the solution?Connect a customer to the right resource anywhere in your business by routing customer text messages to your best-fit agents. Genesys SMS Routing uses skill-based routing so messaging your company for support is faster and more efficient than calling and enables conversations from anywhere.
Story and Business Context
This functional use case has been created to enable companies to use Genesys Solutions to streamline the queue management and distribution process of customer-generated SMS messages to the handling agents. Genesys can improve agent productivity, increase adherence to SLAs, and deliver improved management tools. It is based on experience and best practices and contains the minimal functionality to enable our customers:
- To go live quickly (Time to market).
- To use best practice scenarios to enable fast realization of benefits.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Provide the ability to route interactions to an expert through skills-based routing|
|Increased Revenue||Offer customers the preferred channel to communicate to promote sales|
|Reduce Handle Time||Engage with the customer at their desired pace through SMS avoiding channels with longer handle time|
A customer sends an SMS to a company. The SMS is captured by the Genesys system and a content analysis is performed to assign a category to the SMS. It is then queued to the best available agent with the skill set corresponding to the category. After the agent has compiled the SMS answer, a supervisor may review the SMS depending on the agent. Priority tuning improved the SLA adherence to customers' SMS messages. The use case provides reporting capabilities to provide management visibility into the SMS interaction channel.
Use Case Definition
The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e. user and contact center agent.
The following diagrams show the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- A customer sends an SMS to a company phone number. The SMS message is captured from a Company SMS center to be handled by agents.
- Genesys is integrated to the SMS center via an SMS Gateway and will recieve the messages.
- The new SMS is captured by Genesys including the customer's phone number as meta-data.
- Genesys verifies if the corresponding user already exists as a contact within the Genesys Universal Contact History (by phone number). If the contact does not exist yet, Genesys creates the contact. The SMS message text as well as any answer by the agent is attached to the contact.
- The system will verify if the customer's phone number is on the blacklist (see chapter “Blacklist”). SMS from blacklisted phone numbers will not be distributed to agents 6. Genesys analyzes the content to classify the SMS (see section “SMS message Categorization ”)
- The system sends out a receipt acknowledgement SMS to the customer with a predefined template.
- Once an agent with the requested skill is available, the SMS is routed to the agent's workspace application with screen pop showing information on the SMS category. Any available contact information from the Genesys Contact History (e.g. customer name) and previous contact history is also displayed.
- Once the agent reads the SMS, he or she needs to decide if a reply is needed.
- If no reply is needed, the agent marks the interaction as done.
- If a reply is needed, the Agent creates an outbound reply SMS, potentially using a standard response template.
- The agent sets a disposition code to mark the business outcome for reporting purposes.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.